Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread- Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Looks like another glorious day for us down in the south, although the sun hasn't arrived yet, I'm sure it will show its face with a sky like this, hope you're going to have the same.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets, no major problems that I can remember, but then I am still half asleep here, but I'm sure I'll come round later.

Off up on the clifftops again, and I will take the camera cos I'll have Dave with me to grab Zena if the need arises so I'll be able to share that glorious view with you all.

Enjoy your Friday, week-end is looming upon us, but I'm not looking forward to Sunday where they've forecast 10 cm's of snow, that won't be so good!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Helena, and fellow members,

Chilly and a beautiful thick frost with a 'promise' of a bright sunny morning at least.

An early wake-up for me again this morning. Hopefully a quiet day for me other than food shopping and the dreaded housework.

Have a good Friday and I hope all poorly dogs and people are feeling better.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning all

I'm shattered this morning. I hope its an easy day. Got a cadet weekend so going to be busy tonight. Need to see if I can get to bed early tonight.

Have a nice day everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning H, Jenny, Lore and all

Enjoy your cliff top walk H, it looks like a nice day here too. You should wash your mouth out talking the S word.

I am working this weekend it will be a nightmare if we have the white stuff! I thought the forecast was for 3 straight days of rain.

Well today may not be as fraught as first feared. I have finally managed to speak to the hospital and they are releasing my cousin later today so I am not having to fit in a visit before work. There is definitely something very wrong with him, I just wish we knew what was going on.

I hope you all have a good day today!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning all

Very, very cold here right now. Clear sky so far, but we have showers forecast for later so I guess we'll take our earlier walk today.

Bit of a strange 'coincidence' thing was going on yesterday afternoon. First of all the DVD recorder didn't record. It went totally bananas. Now it's a dodgy old thing anyway and we haven't been able to record onto a DVD for ages, but this was onto the hard drive which It's always been ok with. Me thinks we need a new one.

Hubby finally accepted the DVD 'dodgyness' when the Sky box kept switching itself off - no apparent reason for it. Mind you, he did get that sorted in the end (or maybe it sorted itself).

Finally, the internet went off about 5 times in the space of a couple of hours and the box kept needing to be re-set. Hopefully, that's settled down now too.

Strange afternoon - the weather was OK so I don't think that threw things out of kilter. Maybe they are messing with the electric somewhere and we don't know about it. Either that, or a poltergeist is on the rampage

The missing dog walker hasn't been found yet . They are concentrating on Gibralter Point which is a very big stretch of marshland that is used quite a lot by the dog walkers and birdwatchers here. It is a very dodgy walking area in winter (as they keep saying on the TV when urging people not to search on their own), but I know that at least from the town car park (where the guy had left his car) where we park, there are no signs to that effect. We don't use it because it's not easy walking for me because of the ankle. Sand, scrub and vast areas of nothingness basically. From the car park it's turn right to Gib point or left onto the lake and on into town and we do the latter. If the guy is still on there, there is little or no chance now of finding him alive, but find him I hope they do so that his frantic family can have some peace

Is it good news or bad that they've released your cousin, Gerry? No one likes being in hospital, but he's had quite a lot of strange things happening to him lately that really do need getting to the bottom of. I hope he's OK and that his health starts to improve now. It's so worrying, isn't it?

Hope you got your money transfer sorted yesterday, Helena, and that the delay from their account to yours was just a glitch.

Everyone else, I hope if you are well, you stay well and if you are poorly, that you are soon well. Same goes for all our doggy family too.

I can't wait until spring when, hopefully, the warmer days and more light than dark will bring with it more settled times for all on the health front.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning all.
Hoping for a better day today, Pepsi is going to stay on lead today in the hope that she gets rid of the wonderlust
A visit to the bank and then shopping today.
Not so cold and the sun is shining, ready for thr snow at the weekend
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Morning H and all,

Can't stop this morning as I have to get to my mums and do her housework. I have already been to Tesco and done her shopping and given the dogs a good walk.

Hope everyone is ok and you have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Good morning to you all. Am sat here wondering what to put in the flat pack boxes I bought to motivate me to start packing up some of my stuff for the move. I know it's only 2 doors down the corridor but I still have to 'pack' or I will be walking up and down all day with just what I can carry in my arms! Managed to find somewhere selling large bright green buckets for just over one euro yesterday. Bought a few of those as they will be useful for holding the contents of the sink and food cupboard, condiments and all that.

Pal of mine had a brainwave - she said to find a supermarket trolley and use that! Genius! Now you see one or two parked under the blocks every time you go out - needless to say today - when I was specially looking out for one - zilch!

A neighbour parks her pushchair under the stairs - I might ask her if I can borrow that on the day.

Was hoping to leave bedframes intact and take just my good mattress with me. Alas I've just discovered my bed is a 5ft bed and the one in the new flat is 4'6". So that's got to be dismantled too and weighs a ton.

Should stop nattering about it all and get on with it really.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Good morning fellow members cold and dull here at the moment but noticed lots of snowdrops are out down one of the lanes which is always cheering

I am baby sitting Hannah later while the twins have a swimming lesson. Eleanor refused to go last week so I had both girls. I hope she goes this week or her mummy will be paying for nothing.

Have a pleasant day everyone .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Morning all, another cold day here too, just got back from vets with Millie, she is booked in on Monday to have her teeth done, Will took some bloods to make she OK to go under a GA, her heart is fine so fingers crossed she will feel much happier when those bad teeth have gone.

Not a lot doing today, the usual food shop , my pop in to see my friend who had the hysterectomy later for a cuppa.

Hope all is well with you all, have a good one folks xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »