Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:19 PM

FAO Foxy and Nissanmad

Please tell me you have or will be downloading a firewall?
On the Internet, hackers use malicious code—viruses, worms, and Trojan horses—to try to find unprotected computers.
While some attacks are just nuisances that may play simple pranks, others are created with malicious intent.
These more severe strains may attempt to delete information from your computer, crash it, or even steal personal information, such as passwords or credit card numbers.
Fortunately, you can reduce your risk of infection by using a firewall.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi,
I've got windows firewall on
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Hi,
I've got windows firewall on
Thank god, lets hope foxy has
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
Thank god, lets hope foxy has
Yes I always had a firewall on Zuba - always used the Norton one but I have just deleted it today so I have turned the windows firewall back on again now (cos you aren't meant to have them both on together in case they conflict)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I have downloaded that Zonealarm thingy too Zuba that you put the link up for so thanks for that I should be well protected now
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I have downloaded that Zonealarm thingy too Zuba that you put the link up for so thanks for that I should be well protected now
So worried that you were gonna go online with no firewall, not that I think you are stupid its just that I told you to get rid of Norton, so panicked

Glad to hear you have got Zonealarm, i will let you know if anything better comes on the market
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
So worried that you were gonna go online with no firewall, not that I think you are stupid its just that I told you to get rid of Norton, so panicked

Glad to hear you have got Zonealarm, i will let you know if anything better comes on the market
I might not have remembered actually but when I was uninstalling the Norton it asked me whether it should turn the windows firewall back on again (that was thoughtful of them considering I was giving them the boot ) so I said yes. So thanks for the reminder anyway