Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 08:59 AM

Good News and Bad News!

Good news is our leather suite arrived at 7am this morning as promised......after nearly 17 weeks on order (quoted 8 weeks) Bad news is it doesn't fit through our living room door and there is no other way in.........OH is now in the process of dismantling our door frame, suite is in the hall stood on it's end, furniture people are coming back at 2pm to help (hopefully) get it in the living room.

We do have French doors to the back garden, but the side door to get to the back of the house is smaller than our front door and it was a squeeze getting it through that one......why does it always happen to me

Only good thing I suppose is before I had my bad back I had stripped the wallpaper in the hall/landing/stairs and haven't been able to put the new up yet.....which is just as well, because now we need a new door frame as well.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I hope your new sofa's fit once he's took the door frame off, we had ours delivered a few weeks ago and i was worried about them not fitting, but thankfully they did
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh no! After that really long wait for it - that's just typical isn't it. Hope you get it in soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Oh dear - it wouldn't have occurred to me to measure the lounge door....... hope it all works out hon xx
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:40 AM
OH CC what a pain - hope it gets sorted
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh how frustrating after all that time you've waited. I hope it fits ok once the door frame is off.
It reminded me of a suite I saw advertised on ebay a while back. They showed a stock photo of the suite but mentioned that it was slightly shorter than the one shown as they had bought it and it didn't fit their room. Guess what they did? The husband sawed a lump out of it to make it fit, then bolted it back together, the wife then altered the fitted covers and, bobs your uncle. Needless to say, I didn't bid on it, I had all sorts of visions going through my mind.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh dear - it wouldn't have occurred to me to measure the lounge door....... hope it all works out hon xx

We did actually ask when we ordered it if it would fit through a standard door way, and they assured us it would....doorway is now back to block work luckily OH's dad is a carpenter, so he's coming up on Wednesday to fit a new one for us.

We've gone nearly 5 weeks with no furniture thanks to all the promised delivery dates and then not turning up, so it WILL fit, they even offered to take it back with them this morning to give us time to sort out the doorway......not a chance, not after waiting this long.....lol.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 11:14 AM
My sister had this problem with her Leather suit a few years ago now. They took the front room window out to get it in Hope you mange to get it in now CC.

Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh what a let down after such a long wait. I hope it is sorted very soon and you can have a nice sit down.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Is it sorted now CC - Have you sat in it yet?:smt002
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >