View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
We've tried ringing the couple that sold her the dryer,but they're not answering their telephone, we've left lots of messages but they're not replying.

I've now also contacted Indesit to see how long ago the machine was registered (if at all)

My OH Paul has offered to buy her a vented tumble dryer, which she is very grateful for, but she's still very cross for letting herself get ripped off.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
That's a shame. I could never sell something I thought was a rip off. I guess some people don't have much of a conscience.

By the way, where can you get a tumble dryer for £135? We really need one but I don't want to fork out £250-£300 which are the ones I've seen.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
thats nice of Paul i would just order and get it deliverd so its a surprise.......this is awful i once sold a washing machine i had for a year but i wanted a faster spin one the lady collected it then rang me 2 days later to say it was leaking ( it never leaked when i had it or i wouldn't have sold it ) i just gave her the £50 back didn't want any grief
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:45 PM
i wouldn't have another condenser dryer give me a vented cheapo anyday
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:49 PM
We've seen some in Comet, so we're popping in later today to pick her one up.

I just don't know how some people sleep at night, the couple she bought it from lived in a fancy 4 bedroom detached house, and told them how they were having problems with their neighbours, apparently her husband had to have his ear stitched on due to a fight with their neighbour and her brand new mini Cooper had been keyed......I think she should have took the warning there and then they weren't a nice couple. I told Paul to take it back for her and plonk it on top of her nice shiny Cooper!! Apparently he can't miss it, it has two lovely deep digs all down the drivers side!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
you knwo what i would do ......just dump it back on the drive .....get them to shift it
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Your poor sister, i really hope she gets a refund, but i very much doubt it, i just hope the people who sold the dryer to her can live with themselves

Well Done to your OH for offering to buy your sister a new dryer....Bless him x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
i would write the seller a letter letting them know i would be contacting trading standards unless a full refund is given....keep the ad in the paper thats says it was unsued and new

i would say they miss sold me an item
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342 View Post
By the way, where can you get a tumble dryer for £135? We really need one but I don't want to fork out £250-£300 which are the ones I've seen.
The big Tesco's superstores sell WhiteKnight Tumble Dryers for £89
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok, letter has been written, so watch this space......but don't hold your breath

We did mention CAB, Trading Standards and small courts claims for false advertising, included a copy of their ad in the paper too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >