Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dazzle88
New Member!
Female 

01-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Vacuum Cleaners

My vacuum cleaner blew up on me today and left a horrible burnt smell which filled all the house Will have to go and buy a new one now - am a bit miffed as have only had this one for about two years. Any suggestions on which one to buy - don't want to spend too much money The one that blew up today was a bagless one and I wasn't too keen on it as spent half my time emptying it
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
My Dyson blew up the other day, got a bagless upright Vax - special offer in Argos. Can highly recommend it.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Just found it for you:

Clickety click!
Dazzle88
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for that Trish Can't be bothered to go and get one yet, good excuse not to do any housework
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 09:52 AM
hi, thought you might be interested i bought the burgandy coloured vax for picking up pet hair as well (cost nearly £200) and it was rubbish. Washes carpets well but the vacumn bit for pet hair broke really quickly and doesn't pick up hair very well.

a few months before my nan died she bought a MIELE cat and dog vacumn. which i took over (cost nearly £200) and a year later it is still brilliant.

A lot of money but well worth it

Thought this might be of interest!!!!
Dazzle88
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for that Shiba Trying to build up the enthusiasm to go and get a new vacuum but can't get excited about it!! Would rather get a new pair of shoes
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I know what you mean........ if i could get away with not vacumning for ever i would.... have to say my husband does a lot of it.., must be his army background... so i am very lucky really... i just tell him the better one to use (joke)
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I am thinking that I will have to buy a new vacumn for upstairs, (I can't carry it upstairs anymore.) that one at Argos seems good, although sounds a bit cheap, if anyone has one of those, what's it like. I was thinking of using the new one down stairs where most of the muck is and having the old Dyson upstairs as it is ageing a bit.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Ian

P.S. I don't really want to spend hundreds on a one really
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 12:51 PM
dyson animal for me....would never buy anything else ..not cheap i know but ya get what you pay for
my car is black inside really bad choice with five dogs but have just hooverd it out not a dog hair in sight
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 01:08 PM
This subject became a sore point in Snorri mansions a few months back! Mrs S decided that our old Electrolux Twin Turbo was dying. I had a look at it, and thought that it was just a case of the air stream being blocked somewhere - there was no sign of any electrical failure. However, we HAD to get a new one, because, obviously, I had no idea what I was talking about. £40 got us an Electrolux Filtaire, which seems to be pretty good (especially dog-hairwise).

As the old machine was still operating, we decided to give it to a friend, so I dug the instruction booklet out of my "manuals file" - the till receipt was still there (18 years old!), but it transpired that the air filters had never been either cleaned or replaced in all that time. My original theory had been correct - the airstream was blocked. £40 for a problem which could have been solved for 40p!

Mrs S rejected the possibility of a Dyson, as too many of her friends and relatives have had Dysons that packed in too early. I've heard both good and bad of them, so I don't argue one way or the other about them!

Snorri
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >