Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:29 PM

Ariel Washing Tablets

Ok, I've recently bought a new Hotpoint washing machine, new washing machines are now cold fill only. I've always used Ariel washing tablets, which have recently changed to Ariel Colour & Style or Bio. I have found that the tablets don't get washed out of the drawer, at the end of the cycle the majority of the tablet is still there.

Now is this the tablets, have they changed, or is it the cold fill washing machine? Any body else had this problem?

I've e-mailed the company, so hopefully I'll hear something back soon, just wondered if anybody else was having similar problems.

I could change to liquid, but the boxes of tablets are smaller......and when I'm doing 4 loads plus per day, need a lot of washing powder/tablets/liquid...lol.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Perhaps you could use the ones that go in a net inside the drum. Cold fill machines heat the water up but I thought that the water that goes into the drawer was pre heated.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
i changed over a few weeks ago ..i think the tab have changed
am now using liq capsules straight in the drum and i find they wash is better and i no longer have to wash the draw out

ps am hot and cold fill
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:35 PM
No, as soon as the machines cycle is set, the cold water washes the tablets out of the drawer (well supposed to) , then the water is heated in the drum, think I might go run cold water over the tablets and see how quickly they dissolve.

It's really annoying when the wash is finished, only to find most of the tablets sitting there
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:37 PM
it will help if you break the tabs in 4 ..i was doing this but got fed up love the liquid tabs now wouldn't go back
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
No, as soon as the machines cycle is set, the cold water washes the tablets out of the drawer (well supposed to) , then the water is heated in the drum, think I might go run cold water over the tablets and see how quickly they dissolve.

It's really annoying when the wash is finished, only to find most of the tablets sitting there
Oh hell, I didn't know that. I've got loads of the little washing tablet nets if you'd like me to send you one?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
it will help if you break the tabs in 4 ..i was doing this but got fed up love the liquid tabs now wouldn't go back
I've actually bought a 5ltr bottle of Bold for my towels and bedding.....smells nice...lol. I use Ariel colour for school clothes, Ariel Bio for the whites, and non-bio for the dogs bedding (yes I've got fussy dogs) .....think I would need an extention if I had to buy 5ltr bottles of everything I use....lol.

I can remember buying liq tabs once, on the way home a carton of orange juice leaked and all the tabs stuck together ......lol.

I'll wait and see what Procter and Gamble have to say.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok, I've recently bought a new Hotpoint washing machine, new washing machines are now cold fill only. I've always used Ariel washing tablets, which have recently changed to Ariel Colour & Style or Bio. I have found that the tablets don't get washed out of the drawer, at the end of the cycle the majority of the tablet is still there.

Now is this the tablets, have they changed, or is it the cold fill washing machine? Any body else had this problem?

I've e-mailed the company, so hopefully I'll hear something back soon, just wondered if anybody else was having similar problems.

I could change to liquid, but the boxes of tablets are smaller......and when I'm doing 4 loads plus per day, need a lot of washing powder/tablets/liquid...lol.

I've got an Hotpoint washer too CC and have been having exactly the same trouble - the cold water is too cold to dissolve the majority of the washing powder, so it stays in the drawer instead Must have been a mans invention to invent cold fill washing machines I usually have to pour a couple of cups of hot water into the drawer to make sure all the powder gets dissolved properly
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
It's a right pain isn't it Foxy! Never had problems when I had a hot/cold fill machine
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
It's a right pain isn't it Foxy! Never had problems when I had a hot/cold fill machine

Yes me neither - whoever came up with this bright idea needs shooting
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >