Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 12:34 PM

Buildings and contents insurance

For the past 4 years we've been with Marks and Spencer for both insurances, with an unlimited insurance value and a zero excess.

Renewal has come through today, now M&S are using AXA and it's gone up by £18 a month, we've not made any claims etc. so was a little surprised to say the least, yes we expected a slight increase but not this much.

So does anybody have any suggestions on who we can try for a quote, preferably a company that they have used and been happy with.

Thanks
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I did mine through my Bank (Lloyds) as they run a Brokerage service and got the lowest quote.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
We have all our insurance - cars, house, contents, dog - with direct line and we have found the more we have with them the more discount we get. Always helpful as well although we haven't had to claim yet.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
i am with more than for my home and contents, pet and car insurance and am perfectly happy with them, have claimed for pet with no problems at all, and have made one claim for house and again quickly dealt with etc.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I am with Barclays for both, and we get £50 cashback each time we renew, but next time I will go through quidco to get some moneyback!
They have lots of deals at the mo..... you'll get £75 on More Than for example
http://www.quidco.com/finance/general-insurance/
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh Sharon - don't get me started on M&S Insurance.
I was with them for pet insurance and for home and contents.
Both sky-rocketted and they would not even discuss the quotes.
I am now with Co-OP for my home insurance. Good price and cover looks good. They were also doing the home emergency package for 1p when I took mine out a few months ago.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Has anybody tried Asda insurance?? As you know I work for them, yesterday I got a quote and for BOTH it was £295 zero excess, plus reading through my Asda handbook I also get 10% discount for being an Asda Colleague, just wondered if anybody had tried them?