Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Teddy's breeder wants him back!

Well as you probably remember, as Teddy got sick on the night we got him and the vet declared him underweight etc, I contacted the breeder to let her know all the details and she agreed to pay all the vets bills. She was supposed to be sending payment this week but last night she called me and said she has taken legal advice and wants Teddy back. I told her it would never have come to this if she could have provided proof of his being wormed and vet checked as she had stated had been done. Remember she came back to me saying she could not provide proof and in her email she said 'hands up, I haven't got any proof so I'll pay the vets fees'.

I told her in no uncertain terms that I have nursed him round the clock to get him better and we had bonded and there was no way I was giving him back. She said she is entitled to him back as she believes he got sick from my drinking water (damn cheek) or from a virus that Harvey could have had. Although as you have seen from Harveys pics, he is a picture of health.

Anyway she started shouting down the phone and just before she hung up she said her husband is coming over with the purchase price of the puppy and will collect Teddy at the same time today.

I spent half the night worrying about this. I know she hasn't got a leg to stand on but I'm not looking forward to a argument on the doorstep. Teddy is staying with me no matter what. I'm just really down about it all. I love Teddy to bits but the worry over him seems endless.

Anyway, rant over. I'll keep you posted
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I suspect her husband may not turn up at all, but in the meantime I think I would be tempted to contact the police and gain some legal advice about it all. If nothing else it would put your mind at ease.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2008, 08:20 AM
What a worry for you. I would imagine the best thing you can do is seek legal advice yourself and keep Teddy away from the door in case she knocks or her Husband, because if you have handed over cash for him he is yours and if you don't accept cash back for him he remains yours.
I wonder if she was trying to frighten you by saying she had taken legal advice but hasn't really.
I really hope she was only shouting off and doesn't come round. Good luck.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Poor you and Teddy, what a horrible situation. You stick to what you want and get some legal advice too. I hope everything turns out ok for you both, and please keep us posted. xx
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Id contact the polce and ask there advice

Surely she has no right to demand you give Teddy back, wether she offers to refund you the purchase price or not
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I agree with others.You need to seek legal advice and if they appear at your door call the police and have them removed also tell them it's a legal dispute now.Good luck and hope it's all settled sooner rather than later,xxxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Regardless of what you buy, If you have bought something I would not think the seller has the right to demand the item back.

If it was a handbag and it was faulty, can you imagine the vendor coming round to demand it back?

I think she is just trying to scare you to get you to back off from the vets bills.....

If it was me I would give the CAB a ring......do we have any Dogsey solicitors who could kust point you in the right direction?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Simply tell her husband on the doorstep that you are reporting this matter to Trading Standards for her selling goods that were not suitable for the purpose that they were intended unless they pay up the vet fees in cash immediately, also you will go to the press and if they are in receipt of council benefits you will be advising them as well and customs may get a call too.
That may well stop them in their tracks.
They are not entitled to the dog back and no court would insist on a puppy being returned either. This has been proven time and again in court. The only exceptions are where people have been in breach of their puppy sales agreement by passing the dog on rather than giving back to the breeder. Somehow I don't think that applies here!
Becky
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Get legal advise immediately. Should they arrive on your doorstep just politely ask them to leave, they are not welcome on your property. If they refuse to leave shut the door firmly on them and call the police to have them removed. I would recommend giving your vet a call and seeing what they might suggest with it all as well.

Teddy is yours and you've not agreed to sell him. They can't take him away from you. That would be like me walking up to my neighbour saying, here's what you paid for your car, I'm taking it now because I want it. It's not allowed and it's illegal. I would perhaps report them to BT if they keep calling because they are being a nuisance caller, their number can be barred if necessary.

Don't leave him unattended in the garden until you've got this resolved and if you can, walk them with a friend because horrible as it sounds, that's the easiest time for them to get to you. This is because you're not on private property then, you are on public property and because of this all the laws change in an instant.

Don't want to scare you at all, just trying to help you keep hold of your beloved Teddy.

Heidi
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Regardless of what you buy, If you have bought something I would not think the seller has the right to demand the item back.

I think she is just trying to scare you to get you to back off from the vets bills.....
I agree with Fudgley's post, hmmm sounds to me that she's just trying to get out of paying for the vets bill!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »