View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

06-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Tag and Identification

25. Tag and Identification: It may surprise everyone to know that the maximum fine for not displaying a dog identification tag in the UK is £5000. (Where did they get that figure from?) Irrespective of whether your pet is already micro chipped.

The law which is the Control of Dog Order 1992 states that “Every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort, shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached thereto”. I would also recommend you put your mobile number on the disc in case you are away on holiday with the dog; the home number would be useless if your dog then goes missing. You could also put the Vets number in case you cannot be contacted and the vet can keep the dog until you can pick it up. My dogs all have two tags including I am chipped.

Stan
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2005, 08:44 AM
I need new tags for Teagan.
Kingsley has 2 tags - one with my details, and one with my mums details, incase no one is home at one number
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Does the information have to be on a tag as we have seen some lovely collars that have your details woven into the webbing ?
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

06-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Julie
Does the information have to be on a tag as we have seen some lovely collars that have your details woven into the webbing ?
They can be burnt woven or whatever as long as it is on or attached to the collar. Some collars have metal plates once again that is fine.

Stan
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks Stan !