View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 01:35 PM
good luck to both girls at the vets TW and very pleased the ticket got cancelled
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Well done June on standing up to the parking nazis. My OH got a £100 fine overturned, something to do with signage on a red route, but I'd better go back on the recent posts to find out about the new speeding fines.
Nowadays I tend to stick to the limits but my OH has half a dozen speed cameras to contend with on his journey to work. What amuses me is they're often set on fire and lo & behold a sign pops up ' camera out of action'.
HELLO!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 03:23 PM
LOL at the sign Twix
Back from vets. He's absoutely amazed at how lively Cariad is and how well she looks. Downside is the lumps, if they break out then it is curtains for her, as long as they remain lumps and she is fine in herself she could go on for a good while yet. I thought that anyway, he said there could be nothing gained by her going under the knife again, in fact it could finish her off, so just have to keep hoping those lumps stay as lumps.
Lona does have a gum infection as I suspected, so AB's for her and probably another tooth out on the other side from the last one he took out. Got to make an appointment in 10 days for her when she's finished with the AB's, so that is £93 today, good job I'm like Sue and not into clothes, handbags and shoes, make do with jeans and trainers, t shirts, fleeces etc. I do like a decent handbag, but thats every few years and I get it from TK Maxx, girls are definitely my luxury. Years since I even went to the hairdressers.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Well TW, the dogs are much better than clothes!! if ever you did fancy your hair being done, go to the training college...dirt cheap, yes it might take a bit longer..mind you could as for a third year to speed things up a bit Lol i paid £5 for my haircut lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I just level off the ends with nail scissors or kitchen scissors, Griff, Its very long, so usually tied back anyway, I used to have it coloured,but stopped that as well, so I am now a Silver Fox, or should it be Vixen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Glad the vet is pleased with Cariad June. Shame that Lona has toof trouble again.
Well join the club of the silver vixens. Good news about the parking ticket being revoked.

Mark has gone to Huntingdon to view a house without Lauren she knows he is looking at one and has seen the link.
To be honest he is pickier than her.
Princess has remained confined for today we will see what happens tomorrow.
if the RSPCA woman see's her again roaming I reckon now she knows her name and where she lives definitely there will be no saving her from their clutches again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Trouble is Lynn, someone like that will keep letting her out, because 'they always have' and they can't or won't accept that times have changed. Plus I am amazed the poor dog hasn't been run over by now anyway, sounds like she's had a near miss in more ways than one. We used to have a very very thin greyhound in the village that spent its days hanging outside the shop (when it was owned by English people) as they used to give her pies. Dog warden collected her several times and they said that the people would get fed up of paying the fine and when they did she would get a wonderful new home. I hope the same thing happens for Princess, as the people who have her don't deserve her.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 06:20 PM
They don't June but if she was put in kennels to be rehomed and she was there a while she would go demented.
She has never been confined. I have learnt in the nearly 4 years living here things are very different to where I was brought up. It's almost like old country ways.
Everyone in the village knows her and looks out for her of course there is every chance she will meet her fate at the wheels of a car or lorry especially as that is the road used by Robinsons I am amazed she hasn't been knocked over by now.
She is a lovely girl.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Yeah its like that here, but gradually it is changing. When I first lived here I used to ride out on my mare with her foal running behind, no way could I do that now, same with the dogs, they were running loose in the main, now I have to keep them onlead, because the new people coming here have no conception of animal behaviour really. They complain about the horse poo on the roads for instance. If they don't like it, why move round here where there are half a dozen farms with stabling and grazing, cows, sheep and chickens about. I used to nip home from work at lunchtime and if it was a nice day, bring the horse down from the farm and tie her in the church grounds to graze with a bucket of water next to her. God knows what would happen if I did that now (if I still had horses of course). There is virtually no through traffic, you get wagons going to the mill, but that is at the front of the village, rest of it leads onto the farms and country park, so you do get to know who and what to watch out for, like Princess.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 07:19 PM
It was like Saturday we arrived back from popping out and outside the pub a load of people gypsies and their ponies and traps. Some tied to the railings on the bridge.
Before they left they had a little trot up and down the road not ideal it's busy but they were doing no harm and didn't nick my door bell (which now has a plastic cover over it) but a hole to push the button. So I was happy.

Years ago I worked with a lovely guy he moved from London and bought a cottage on the ongar road bit busy but nice cottages. It was countrified round there still is this was in Essex.
He soon discovered a neighbour had a cockerel he did offer to buy it ahouse so it didn't wake him in the morning at 4-5 am in the Summer but the old boy refused so he reported it and the cockerel had to go.
Then the birds woke him we use to laugh and said how do they bother you after you have moved from a busy road in London.
He sold up in the end and moved back to London. We have cockerels round here to be honest they don't bother me but the traffic does. I love the country sounds cattle lowing, chickens, sheep the donkey nearby and the horses and dogs barking. Rather hear that any time of the day instead of cars and lorries.
Funnily enough I don't mind the noise of the tractors.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >