Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 24 April

Good morning all, cold this morning but the sun is already shining. Not sure how long that will last.

Hope all our four legged pets are well.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Good morning everyone

So sorry about your friend's lad Mandy.

Pleased Cariad still wants to patrol her realm to make sure everyone is doing as they should

Lovely pictures Lynn and a good turn out for the walk. Dillon looking as lovely as every

Dull but dry here so have taken a chance and put the washing out. Nothing much planned for today except a meal out at lunch time and then on to a garden centre. Just hope they have what I am looking for.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Morning all,
Back to normal here, Lauryn back to college, me & Tony back at work.
It's dull here with a shower earlier
Will get Rosie out later she's been running round the garden earlier lol
Got a few phone calls to make, one to the council as the recycle people seem to have recycled the bin lid :017
But breakfast first and another cuppa
Be back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Mandy and all who follow.

Weather a bit chilly here and sun dipping in and out.

Mandy it's very hard for our youngsters to get their heads around losing a friend when so young. Been there with Mark and Michael. I am sure Lauryn has a good network of friends to speak to about things and you and Tony. It helped our boys being around people who knew them and all the parents came together and helped them all through to.
Harvey didn't know anything about the new speeding fines thank you for the heads up not that I speed but Mark occasionally might be a mile or two over Gorden the same. I have warned Gorden will tell Mark later also.
griff hope your feeling more like yourself today.
June glad Cariad still feels the need to check on the village good sign hopefully.
isn't it her appointment today ? Good luck.
Sue enjoy lunch and the garden centre hope you find what you're looking for.

What an eventful morning after seeing Gorden off. Walked into the living room and could see out of the window a lady across the river at Ron's yard hanging about by the gate. Then saw their little staffy girl princess out and about as usual. So kept an eye on what was going on.
She put the bin across the gate but Princess can jump the wall so you can't contain her. Next thing woman is putting a slip lead on her and coming back across the bridge with her. Well I was a state in pj's still with a cardigan on over the top half not brushed my hair or cleaned my teeth yet. I had to go out when I saw she was putting her in the car parked outside no.5
She was an RSPCA person from Block Fen on her way to work and Princess happened to walk in front of her car as she drove across the bridge Princess undoubtedly visiting Ronnie next door to us who is Ron across the roads son.
She was saying she had to take her as she was in danger and then handed over to the dog warden and if Ron claimed her they would be fined not sure how the family would feel about that bit of a law unto themselves and if they didn't Princess would end up in kennels to be rehomed.
Unless I or any of the neighbours could take her till she had sorted something out with the family. No one was answering the door where Princess lives.
I can't take her and I can't speak on behalf of neighbours, then I thought Wendy and Mally next door to Ron they have known each other years probably grew up together I didn't think they would take Princess but might know of a way to stop her being taken.
Seemed to work, Mally got her in the leanto somehow so confined off the road for now.
I did explain as long as I have lived here this is how it is and yes we all worry for her but if you kennel her she will be so unhappy.
My main worry was obviously she was being stolen for far worse. For now Princess remains at home but now that RSPCA woman knows about the situation I wonder for how long ?
Hoping for a quieter rest of the day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Morning all
Good luck with the call to the council mandy, sometimes the whole bin goes in the truck here and even though they know they just leave it, sometimes it will be returned the next week...other times you have to get a new one
Lynn, oooo nightmare situation, hopefully now the rspca are involved the family will try to find a way of securing princess
Moyra, what day are you off to the eye hospital??
Sue, enjoy your lunch out
had a flippin nosebleed...again, that's everyday for a week now and they are very heavy, blood tastes vile Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Oh no griff might that be your medication ?
I use to have nose bleeds when a child and a teenager till about 13 when I had the mother of all nosebleeds doctors involved. They are frightening do keep an eye and go to the doctor if they continue.
Mark said I should of let the RSPCA take her but she would fret in kennels so hoping now she will be kept an eye on as rightly pointed out she has no collar or tag and most likely isn't microchipped all against the law. She would of been within her rights to take her but trying to save Princess undue stress.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Oh Griff, poor you. My eye clinic appointment is not until the 30th May and transport is all arranged for my preferred hospital. I have to be ready by 8.45 am although my appointment at the hospital is not until 10.45 am so a lot of hanging around.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 09:02 AM
It's part of my condition Lynn but that had stopped, will say something wednesday if they continue..i am seeing the nurse at the practice
I understand you wanting to help princess and hopefully they will take better care of her, the neighbours who used to live at the end had a dog and after the fourth time of retrieving him my dad said he was going to take his id tag off and take him to the dog wardens, we live by the a45, like a 1 minute walk and he was so close to death a couple of times, worst bit was, nobody had missed him!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Awww Moyra, it is a long day for you then, i used the ambulance transport twice...once going to oswestry which was great, the other time going to a localish hospital...nightmare!! i got picked up, went on a 3 hour magical mystery tour and ended up being late and the nurse was shouting at me even though she knew the ambulance transport was late! got there though, that was the main thing Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Morning all

Sue Like you I have risked a line of washing out overcast but dry.
Griff The nosebleeds must be a sign of something I would get checked out.
Lynn All good for you at the moment and you "won" against the RSPCA lady.
MoyraMy Mom has had the hospital transport to Royal Orthopedic a couple of times in the past and its a day out like a mystery tour around will not use it now.
To everyone have agood day see you all later.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >