Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
The person who adopted the dog rehomed an animal, the previous owner threw the dog away. Sad but it happens, and you did not answer the question
No the previous owner did not throw her away , she found a new home for the dog.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Are you adopting a border collie now?
No I do not plan on adopting anymore dogs Trixie is enough for us.

The previous owner gave up the dog because she was afraid of the border collies life........................
The previous owner also had another smaller dog so had 3 including trixie she never said she was afraid of the either of the dogs lifes and she had Trixie with her other dogs for 3 Months before she decided to rehome her, Just that trixie did not get on with her other 2 dogs for whatever reason, however I have not faced any problems with her around other dogs when I have been out walking with her.

The only problems I have come across with trixie other than not eating all her food since I have had her for the past 10 days is she occassionally messes in the kitchen through the night, which I am currently training trixie to go to the toilet outdoors on walks and in our back yard which seems to be working well.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No the previous owner did not throw her away , she found a new home for the dog.
I guess in the USA they use the term throwing dogs away when they find a new home for them.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Seriously why are you such an ar$e?
I couldnt agree more, I have been on this forum previously a few years back and never come across this when asking for advice, I actually found everyone that had given me advice and support in the past quite friendly, but I guess there will always be one to spoil great forums like Dogsey.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Hey Trixie Carl...take no notice of a certain member! I have staffs...cracking dogs, I feed mine on millies wolfheart, it is a dry complete food but has no nasties in it. You can mix the dry food with some warm water, I wonder has she just got a bit bored? If she is o.k with fish what about mixinga bit of white fish in? I also add live goats yoghurt sometimes
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2017, 11:26 PM
You do not have to answer for what Trixie's previous owner did. Just ignore those posts.

I feed my dogs a decent grain free complete food, but I also give them a little either, raw minced beef, tinned Butchers Tripe, or wet tray food as a garnish. You may also find that she also enjoys some grated raw or cooked vegetable. Your photo is lovely, she is beautiful. Sometimes bitches get a little jealous, their loss, your gain.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hey Trixie Carl...take no notice of a certain member! I have staffs...cracking dogs, I feed mine on millies wolfheart, it is a dry complete food but has no nasties in it. You can mix the dry food with some warm water, I wonder has she just got a bit bored? If she is o.k with fish what about mixinga bit of white fish in? I also add live goats yoghurt sometimes
Thank you for your reply.

Staffs are brilliant dogs, these are my preferred breed of dog,although I love all dogs.

Its quite possible she has got a bit bored I will use the remaining webbox chubs I have for her, as she seems to be enjoying these at the moment with her dried food mixed into it.

I will try her with some of the suggestions that have been given to see what she takes to best
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
You do not have to answer for what Trixie's previous owner did. Just ignore those posts.

I feed my dogs a decent grain free complete food, but I also give them a little either, raw minced beef, tinned Butchers Tripe, or wet tray food as a garnish. You may also find that she also enjoys some grated raw or cooked vegetable. Your photo is lovely, she is beautiful. Sometimes bitches get a little jealous, their loss, your gain.
Thank you. I have some vegetables in so will try some of these and I will also try some Mince etc mixed in with it.

I will take a look for a decent grain free complete food to change her on to.

She really is a beautiful dog and very chilled out, today while out walking on our usual field there was 2 other dogs off lead neither of these bothered with her and she didnt bother pulling trying to get to them either she kept looking at them but kept walking nicely and was given loads of praise and strokes in return for being good.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2017, 01:20 PM
If you soften the dog food be prepared for potential dental problems. I'm not sure exactly how you are planning to do the water / draining, how long you will leave it or the texture, so just a warning.
Trixie_Carl
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
If you soften the dog food be prepared for potential dental problems. I'm not sure exactly how you are planning to do the water / draining, how long you will leave it or the texture, so just a warning.
Ive not softened her food, she is eating small amounts of it, I am currently mixing a small amount of wet food (Tinned or webbox chubs) in with her dry at dinnertime (to ensure she is eating) and then offering her a small amount of dry only on a tea time.

She has just come in season so maybe something to do with why she isnt eating much and getting used to her new surroundings but she is eating something each day so I am not too worried at the moment as she is showing more a litle more interest in the dry.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2