Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kaisermock
New Member!
Male 

06-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Dog doesn't like her kennel

Hello everyone i have a 4 year old German Shepherd Saint Bernard mix. We just bought her a 20ft by 20ft kennel for outside. I put her in it and as soon as I go inside she starts barking, jumping, digging, and pulling on it with her teeth. I've already had to put zipties on the bottom of it where she's pulled the fencing away from the frame some yesterday and we just put it up yesterday. What can i do to get her used to it. My plan is to buy her a house for in it. I want her to mainly be outside during the summer months and i'll bring her in during bad weather and when it's cold.

Any helpful ideas are welcome

Thank You
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2017, 02:17 PM
You can't just move her in there away from where she has been previously. Start off by feeding her in there and gradually extend the times she is in there after food,make sure she has water and a bone,shade and go out to see her frequently. Would you do this to a child, just shut it in a room and expect it to acquiese??? You will need to acclimatise her, and make sure she goes out on a decent walk and not just dump her and ignore her
akitababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Your dog needs to be familiarize in his new kennels first, that was also my problem before and as Tawneywolf said I also make sure that he has the food, water and toy in his shade. It will be better if you'll pay her a visit from time to time and of course don't forget her treats. I hope this will work.