Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2017, 06:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday. 4th May

Good morning all,

Harvey, thanks I will contact those two agencies and ask them to put me on their list. That way with three local agencies looking for me I shall hopefully find something. Just two double bedrooms will do.

Lynn, hopefully Dillon will soon get accustomed to the paddock.

June, I do feel for your son, hope he gets something that suits him soon. Hope your back is better and the girls are all ok.

Mandy that will be brilliant if you can get a new hip very soon. Its not nice not being able to walk comfortably and always in pain.

Griff, are you ok, you are being on the quiet side? Hope its not because you are unwell, of course, I was forgetting yesterday was Wednesday, chemo day. Hope you feel better soon.

I hope Eileen has had a good break, not sure how long she has gone for. Hopefully, it is somewhere with some sunshine.

Have a good day all, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Very windy here again today but sunnier than yesterday.

Mandy good news about the new hip should make a such a difference to you.
June hope the backs better.
griff hoping your not to under the weather today after chemo day.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Morning
Moyra, i hope you find your new home soon and can tell your horrible land lady to shove it Lol
Lynn, are you trying dillon up the paddock again today? if so, hope he enjoys it a bit more
I am o.k thanks, felt very ill yesterday but doing alright...well just had the worst nosebleed ever, i thought i was going to have to go to the Drs! i will need to pop in and ask if they will give me some of the cream the hospital gave me for it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Sunny here but the wind is bitter cold. If it would die down the weather would be lovely but looks like its staying. Bone run today, not really wanting to go, but needs must. Also got a food delivery for the girls coming, so need to get off really, but can't motivate myself at all. My backs a lot better as I'm doing as little as possible to settle it down. With the wind being so cold I've not made a start on the front garden as I want to keep my back warm and not flare up.
Griff, these nose bleeds aren't nice at all and hoping the doctor let's you have the cream without too much fuss.
Kazz, hoping the op went well and you are coming round a but today
Moyra hoping something comes up soon for you, your landlady deserves the worst tenants ever and I hope she gets them when you leave, then she'll be sorry for the way she's treated you
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope Dillon enjoys the paddock today Lynn as it will be so much bette for him

Do hope something comes up for your Moyra and then you can wave goodbye to that so called landlady.

Good the back is feeling better June so don't go overdoing it.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Griff and the doctor lets you have some of the cream

Dull and overcast here, was raining when I got up. Put the plants in I bought yesterday so hope they survive. Been and done our bit for democracy and voted

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Mandy sorry forgot to reply to you about the privacy film. We bought from a diy place in a village nearby. Not sure if you have them your way. West End diy ?
It is a bit fiddly it took two of us especially if your doing more than one pane you need someone to stand back and let the other know if the tops are lined up. Best to overlap it over the frame and use a craft knife to cut it. Good sharp scissors for cutting the actual size.

June would love that cold wind to die down here to it's not inspiring me to get in the garden.
griff do hope the Dr will give you the cream hate nose bleeds thankfully none since my last as a teenager. Hope never to have any again either.

No paddock today to many smells in the village so we wandered round there instead.

Just painted the other side of hall door living room side. Also bit of skirting board just inside the living room.
Will brush Dillon in a bit then pop the hoover round.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Moyra google bungalows to rent Suffolk Essex border just seen a few on rightmove.
Or you could go to rightmove.co.uk and take a look it asks for area and rent or buy and type of dwelling.

Like this one for instance. Hope the link works.
Lavenham is a beautiful village.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-41581720.html
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 11:58 AM
The bungalow does look lovely Lynn, AND I spy a drainer alongside the sink, how strange
Back from the bone run, of course there are loads because I also had a delivery, which arrived just as I was about to get in my car, sooo back out of my car, took the boxes into the kitchen and will sort them out after the bones have found a home, then again will leave the bones where they are and put the food away first. Brought a bag out already, given the girls one each, bagged some large ones to freeze for teas, then the rest of the bag in the draw at the bottom of the fridge.
Got some turkey carcasses from the bone run as well
You are busy Lynn, wish I could make a start on the garden, like you say the wind is very chilly and very strong, going over the high level bridge was a bit dicey as it was pushing the car, however made it back in one piece.
No rain here at all Sue, which makes a change, however I will need to buy a longer hose to connect to the one at the back so I can do the pots at the front they are so dry now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Just finished for today June phew and picked up a missed message from Mark at 9.30. He had Joel and guess what Donna only made him wait on the doorstep.
Didn't think I could think any worse of her. Guess what I can.
I hope they see a house they can sort and like today.

Also just had an email from Peter Gill's other half. He had been trying to ring and gone to answer machine each time. must of been walking Dillon then hanging the sheets out.
Well it's not good news as I suspected she is quite ill on these different hormone tablets she has been given. They cannot give her the tamoxifen again. She has every symptom of not agreeing with these new ones she must be bad she did not go to the graves and for lunch with Michael yesterday. Bad cough which is making her incontinent both ways.
She has said she is stopping them but wouldn't listen to Peter but did to Neill when he rang.
hopefully she will speak to the doctor and see if there is anything else she can be given.
I know they have made her ill quickly but she has been avoiding speaking to me so tomorrow I will ring her and see if I can convince her to see the doctor also as Peter is getting it in the neck right left and centre at the moment.
He rang me as she had gone off on one about softener in the washing machine so he went for a walk into town rather than argue with her.
So they told them last week when she went for appointment no more chemo at all it will do more harm than good now. Apparently now they are saying the tumour is growing and they are worried it will burst through her bladder. She may need a colostomy but as of yet no news re; that.
So the news was not good. Peter says he wishes she would do something because if there isn't any more they can do she needs to be feeling as well as possible and doing things not feeling so ill laying on the sofa.
Hopefully if she has stopped the tablets today as she said she will she will feel well again to do some stuff and talk about possibly some new tablets that will agree with her.
I would imagine the tablets are to slow the tumour to avoid surgery for now or at all.

So a good day turned out to be a not so good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh gosh poor Gill and poor family too...i don't know how right this is but i got told that starting a new drug the side effects can be quite extreme and intense for a period at the start and then as your body adjusts the effects ease...now i could have just been told that to make sure i took my drugs Lol but i hope there is truth in it for Gill
TW, sods law isn't it? when you get the food theres tonnes of bones!
i think our vote here was just for electing a joint mayor with birmingham which we all said we didn't want but they went ahed and said we had to have one so i didn't participate. Didn't ask at the Drs about the cream as i have been summoned to the ENT department on tuesday night..so i bought myself a dress to cheer myself up! if anyone has a primark near them, black and white stripe maxi dress £10..i thought it would do for my aunties wedding too
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »