Our sister sites
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2005, 06:29 PM

USPCA saya pets are stolen for dogfights

this statement was in the local teletext and news

PETS STOLEN TO BLOOD FIGHTING DOGS -USPCA
Pets are being stolen in Northern Ireland to be used for "blooding " dogs in illegal fights involving massive sums of cash,says a charity.

The USPCA said fighting dogs ,like pitbull terriers,were openly walked in public dispite being banned.

Bets of up to £10,000 are said to have been made on fights.

"Dog fighting has become more and more popular in certain parts of Belfast and other parts of Northern Ireland,"said the USPCA s Stephen Philpot
.................................................. .................................................. ..... The uspca is the rspca over here and this is hyping things up against bull breeds ....yes some dogs have been stole and put into a ring but it has been done by dickheads you know the type...... not by the people actually involved in pit fights they are a closed circle and never walk their dogs anywhere in public also if they test their dogs it is against the real thing to see if they are good enough.
and as you can see he has now mentioned banned breeds so is this the start of a new campaign by them against pit types this is what happens with all the arseholes that are getting pit types
Make no mistake looks like we are in for a further strengthening of bsl and this is the start
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
i think unfortunatly this goes on wherever you go I know that people were using cats as bait to make dogs fight they were caught and prosecuted but what do they get community service what a joke and they wonder why they do it again
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
It's so cruel.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Blimey thats awful.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 08:45 PM
When I was socializing my pup Tara, I took her into a local pet shop, a customer started petting her and said, keep your'e eye on her, there have been 4 staffies stolen from this area in the last month. She didn'have to tell me why they had been stolen!!!!!
Zimble
New Member!

15-02-2005, 01:37 AM
When we were out couple weeks ago in the car we saw a dog outside a shop with a man. We had a double take as there was no doubt about what it was, it was a Pitbull so they must be about. Most have just gone underground since the laws and regulations have come in against them being kept.
It was also in one of the newspapers weekend past about a pitbull being picked up in the town in a flat which had to be taken into hiding.
Its awful what they do to the poor dogs trained for fighting. It goes on the world over, but nothing makes it right.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2005, 11:53 PM
I thought pitbulls were still legal in Ireland? or is it certain parts only?
Zimble
New Member!

17-04-2005, 12:11 AM
They are not legal in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. I dont know about Eire [South Ireland].
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Dog fighting has gone on for centuries, and no amount of bad press will halt it, all this publicity does is attract morons to the fighting breeds, and by reading these incorrect media statements, they in turn will use the means printed by the press to encourage their dogs. Like it or not these practices are never carried out by pitdog people, as Minty says they are a closed shop, and will do nothing that attracts the press or police attention.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >