Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 06:12 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, May 17

Good morning everyone, it is cold but the sun is out and looks like it might be a lovely day, fingers crossed.

Amber, I regret is a cat and fox poo eater unless I catch in time which I usually do. Fortunately, I recognize the unfriendly dogs and there are very few around on our patch so Amber loves to go my walker pick out her ball and offer it to all and sundry. She gets on so well with the majority of dogs here. Her biggest friend at the moment is the Bull Mastiff 2 year old Annie. What a boisterous dog but it gives Amber and her plenty of exercise that is why her Mum lets her run to Amber as soon as she sees her on the green.

Griff and June hope your backs are no worse for the extra work you put on them yesterday! They truly are the proverbial pain. No LG yesterday or did I miss him somewhere.

Nippy Jen, Norma, Mandy and Cd1 hope all is well in your worlds. Brenda, well done on the blog, love to see the photos of Tyto.

I must try and get the hoover round today and also a duster. The flooring in this flat is atrocious been down since 1989. It's that flat dusty surface which attracts Ambers hairs too.

Steve will be up soon he is on a big job at the moment, had to flatten and even out a floor surface yesterday so that he could tile it today! He says the woman watches his every move, I think she is lonely to be honest and for the want of something better to do watches him work. He told her yesterday in no uncertain terms there wasn't room for the two of them in there. I assume it is a bathroom.

Well have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 06:23 AM
Morning Moyra, lovely Amber has a good mate to play with....mine are very boisterous together, I was sat in the garden the other day...where my chair is you can't see me from the houses behind, anyway, they were having a good old wrestle and enjoying themselves when the fella over the back starts hammering on the window!!! They were only playing, having a great time too
Just you go steady with the cleaning if you don't feel up to it, leave it!!
Doctors for me today, will find out if I need to go for a bone density scan or not.at the moment, my back is a hundred times better still sore but as long as I am careful in what I do it isn't too bad, I can't just have it going all the time...need to find out what the problem is
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Sunny and warm so far here. Off out to lunch with Beth later 3rd time lucky.

griff glad the back has eased good luck at the appointment, Moyra hope you had a better night.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Have you ever found that things that should be so easy to do aren't? I placed an ad in our local online paper and it hasn't shown up yet despite it saying it should be. Things are never simple are they? Oh well sun is shining so I suppose we shouldn't complain. Have a great day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Morning Lynn, i do hope Lunch goes o.k with Beth today
Brenda, how very annoying about the ad, i would drop them an email and state it isn't running yet, hopefully they will add the missing days to the end
Lovely and warm out there at the moment, no doubt when i go to head off it will rain Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you had a better night Moyra and get a nice peaceful day.

Enjoy your lunch out with Beth Lynn hopefully somewhere nice.

Pleased the back is a little easier and hope you get some answers as t the docs later Griff.

Nothing is ever straight forward these days Brenda - I blame it all on computers

Lovely and sunny here but tomorrows forecast is dire. Out later to take books back to library but nothing else planned.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Silly man, Griff, did you give him a shock by letting him know you were there Hoping the back is sorted out very soon now, back brace does seem to have worked for you, but I'm in sure it must be pretty uncomfortable for you.
Wind direction seems to have changed this morning, was a lot warmer when I went out with girls breakfast and to tidy up. We did have heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, seems to have been lowered to rain in parts, girls may get out in that case, and turf will be watered and get a soaking, which is what needs to happen. Its doing well with me using several watering cans full of water and traipsing in and out till its done.
Wish you could get a doctors note Moyra to help you get some sort of priority, that flat seems to be determined to make you poorly. Mine roll in fox poo and eat horse poo
Just about to ring and see what the bone situation is, sick of telling them, it going OK for a week then sliding back to next to nothing almost immediately
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Sue, i have just looked at our weather and we are forcasted rain tomorrow too....groan, teases us with a taste of summer and then rain Lol
TW, i couldn't move quick enough because of my back...well he can feck off if he thinks he is starting to watch in my garden...we all had flat roofs and had pitches put on, the plans were all submitted so we never looked at the planning...he had a bl**dy dormer window added afterwards and it looks right into our back garden, bedroom loft etc.....well maybe next time it gets warm i will spend the day in the garden with my music on....maybe on the day that he holds his jazz club meeting...my music is rock/pop i doubt he will approve, my neighbour won't mind as i will tell her in advance and the other side are at mostly except for the lad who will be playing computer games..... i did think it was a damn cheek
i really really hope you will get a decent amount of bones...must be very frustrating
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Hello all, quick visit on here today
Beautiful morning so far really warm. Been for my weekly breakfast with my friend, then came home and took Rosie out. Tony just gone to work and I'm off to work shortly too.
Hope everyone has a good day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Landylady sent yet another kitchen upgrader round, He was a nice bloke from Bulgaria. I said to him she is using you to give a quote but she will then decide it is too much and just put my rent up, she has done that three times. He was a lovely bloke but I do not think he will get anywhere. I need to get out of this flat. Must contact the housing people again.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >