Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 9th December

Good Morning All, Nice bright morning here albeit a bit nippy!

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Woke up this morning at the unearthly hour of 8.30am, far to early really 12 am is a much better time

So down to doing a few jobs

My car battery now fully charged up. yesterday when I eventually connected the Ctek charger to the battery it was showing it needed charging up yesterday. So overnight job done. I also really needed a short extn power lead to reach the power socket so found a plug and socket so short lead now ready.

If it warms up a bit then it is a front house gutters and garage gutter cleaning job next now all the leaves are down this should be the final time this year

Just got to down this cup of coffee Sue bought in then maybe attacking those gutters
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you manage to stay warm Moyra

I can just see Barry getting up late whilst I am away and poor Teazle having breakfast and lunch around bedtime

It really is not good enough Lynn poor Gill having to struggle all the time and all they seem to be doing is buck passing. Obviously someone has made a big mistake but they won't admit it.

Hope everyone is keeping warm and well

Lovely and sunny here but the frost is only just clearing. Housework done and having a coffee before the summons from the "worker" to help him

Have a good day and stay safe and warm
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Morning all.........
Cold and clear here. It was -2C at 08:00.
A very cold stroll with an icy wind.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Morning all.

Snowing here but gentle flakes if you get what I mean....LOL.....not ventured out but roads appear to be moving.

Going to put the Christmas tree and decorations up today. Arranged lunch out with my cousin on Monday hope the weather has improved. Got the family Christmas meal/get together tomorrow so should be full up by Monday evening......LOL

Just updated my Aunts Sainsburys delivery for tomorrow.....will have to get over in the week to sort out her freezer. Brought hernew underwear, two skirts, two jumpers and a nice dress yesterday as well as a pair of shoes if they fit) I am going back and buying three more pairs..........such a nighmare finding her shoes. Wish she would wear trainers or safe shoes but oh no.

Right sitting here doing me no good well maybe it is but its getting me no where.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Morning all. Kazz I am glad the roads are moving what about the traffic lol!!bg!! Have been out twice with Tyto and once on my own shopping. Yep early bird me. Have a good day all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-12-2017, 11:26 AM
That is the front roof gutter done and yet another lot of leaves that won't be blocking the down pipes. There was one lump of roof cement down one of them big enough to not go down the Skyvac pipe which could have caused problems later on. Also a small bit of roof tile (small corner section) also picked up by the vacuum cleaner.

Just goes to show it is a part of the house maintenance so overlooked which can cause serious problems later on.

OK the Skyvac Atom version isn't that cheap .Compare it with the number of times I would have had to get someone else to do the job and yes it is cheaper by far.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Morning all
Mandy, hope Hydro benefits you
Lynn, i really don't know what to say...if Gill is anything like me maybe she would like to ensure nobody else in her situation is left the way she has been...maybe if you word it like that she would let you kick some ar*es that sorely need kicking!! i always put myself in the situation of if there was somebody who had nobody to speak up for them...what would the outcome likely be? if it would cause them harm or suffering, i kick off Lol
Hi to everyone else, not really keeping up as i seem to be at appointments and doing stuff...sorry!! Mum has been given an urgent appointmet at the neurologist monday...got a call yesterday asking her to go in monday lunch
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Had to sort out my bathroom floor myself going to cost £70, should be down to the landlady but I give up! Steve could have saved me some of that......£40 is down to a floor layer and that is his job! Will be fitted Tuesday!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
I can just see Barry getting up late whilst I am away and poor Teazle having breakfast and lunch around bedtime
Not long to go now Have you got all the pressies sorted

Why don't you work out what time it is over there when it's 6am here in Blighty.

Then give him a ring each day at that time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >