Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2017, 09:01 PM

car batteries

Just a quick reminder that during the cold weather there will be more drain on you car battery with heater-lights -sat nav- warm seats led day running lights -headlights etc etc
So get out the battery charger and keep it at the peak condition.

I found out today my battery was only half charged on my Nissan Xtrail Tekna. Warnings came up on the front screen that certain electronic parts like stop/start and cruise control become unoperative .

This one in the video this charger is a bit more expensive than the average charger but is far better. It is the one I have and would highly recommend. What the video doesn't mention is if you put the clamps to the battery the wrong way around a red light shows up in the charger, it also comes with an attachment that bolts onto the battery terminals so all you have to do is plug the charger in.

Just been out and taken this photo

As you can see it is at stage 4. That is the charging stage that decreases as the battery gets more charged up .

enlarge photo to read setting

there are 8 stages in all, the last being a maintenance charge which keeps the battery topped up
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Good point I brought a brans new battery in sept but in this weather I do give the car a good run out with no heat, no radio, no lights on atleast once a week.