Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Harvey I too hope I dont spend my entire time over there going through customs
Sue, you should be OK. If you think two suitcases full of new toys might get them thinking about import duty then one tip I was told is if possible remove the toy from it's packaging, fold the packaging carefully and put it in your suitcase with your clothes, then after you get to your sons place put the toy back in the packaging before giving it to the children.

Personal effects are of course free from import duty (below roughly £100) but it's just possible that new toys might not be deemed as 'personal effects'

A huge amount depends on the customs man ( or woman) on the day and what sort of mood he's in

As mentioned you should be OK especially if you have the names and ages of all the children, it would be a pretty heartless customs officer who would try to impose duties in that situation.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Mom did not realise she had a cake and burst into tears, the waitress who brought the cake out and most of the room started to tear up.
Bet that was a sight to gladden the heart of all around
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Dog walking is often a social event around here.
Not just for humans, dogs are hugely social, it's in their genes, it's how they've survived when other creatures have not.

By the way, have you noticed other dog walkers always say 'hello' and even more whereas people walking on their own often ignore me and walk past without a word, seems to be particularly younger types.

I suppose I should feel sorry for them not having a 'proper' education
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Hope all out there are well and dogs too

Got some lights installed in the 'man cave' today so I was able to do a few things after it got dark which is around 3:30 in this part of the world.

SWMBO even suggested I should get one of those infra red heater thingies but it'll need to get a bit colder before I do that.

Se you all tomorrow, goodnight now
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Not just for humans, dogs are hugely social, it's in their genes, it's how they've survived when other creatures have not.

By the way, have you noticed other dog walkers always say 'hello' and even more whereas people walking on their own often ignore me and walk past without a word, seems to be particularly younger types.

I suppose I should feel sorry for them not having a 'proper' education
Yes, I have observed similar. But what rather pleases me is the reception Max usually gets from the school aged kids. I used to worry about him getting among them. Today there were half a dozen or so outside the local store. Max walked through that crowd and accepted being fussed over.

There are nice kids on the block. And dogs seem to know.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2