Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 07:08 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps.

I can't quite believe the news with all the devastation down in our beautiful West Country Those railway lines at Dawlish, and then that pretty little harbour having all the boats sunk and smashed up along with half the harbour wall, it's all so unreal isn't it We're having landslides in our beautiful Old Town, the cliff fall a while ago on the tv was fine cos it just went into the sea, but now the cliffs behind the old houses are falling down

Jenny, hope your son got back ok with O/H last night I know you were worried about them when I left. Don't bother to keep your eye on the forecast, you won't like what's coming over the next couple of days.

Lynn, hope Gordon's home tonight and has got Friday off this week.

Sally, brilliant idea about those notes for the Jimster, that's what I always do for a new vet and they seem to appreciate it, and like you say, a light should come on hopefully with her when she reads it. Look what happened when this new vet read about Zena and diagnosed her straight away without even examining her. Good luck with it.

June, hope the ribs don't hurt too much today and you got a good night's sleep.

Jen, hope your tum has settled down and hasn't kept you up all night.

Got to get out early, cos it'll be here by around 9 am and I don't want to get soaked on my walk, it's nice and dry and calm here atm, so going to make the most of it.

Dave has got groundhog day again in the bathroom, but, the vanity unit is being fitted today so at least it's sort of coming together now.

If I'm back early enough I'm off to the Heart Foundation shop to see what fridges they've got, but if I'm not back early I just can't park near enough.

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets and enjoy your day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I haven't caught up on last night yet but will later. The Thames levels has remained the same since late last night which is good news. Not sure about the Bourne yet. A massive Eucalyptus tree came down last night which has blocked the access to the top field where everyone (including me) have parked our cars. I gather there is a team of residents up there now removing some of the fencing until the tree can be removed. This poor estate has really had a battering

Such sad news about all the damage yesterday's storm has done to the SW especially but fortunately I don't think anybody was injured.

Helena if you are back earlier enough from where I must have missed something.

See you all later but I'm going to catch a lift up to my car so that I can go and buy a paper. I'll have to walk the dogs later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Morning Helena,

You know, it seems like this year, you guys are getting our weather. It is awful for you all. Just please, be very careful when you are out and about.

Jenny, hope your OH and son made it back safely last night.

I'm off to work today, then cadets tonight. In a way I'm not looking forward to it because till the boss comes to see us Iain is still a potential adult and he is the one that told me about this email. He claims his mother sent it, but as I said to him, how would she know what I was like in lessons and (right or wrong) if I got things wrong. So tonight is going to be awkward so I am making him sit in on lessons with me, it's partly my fault for not being strict enough on him. He's thinking it's okay to act like a qualified adult when he's not.

Anyway, best get going, got to go to work. See you all later, stay safe.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Morning H and all,
I agree H the scenes of our beautiful west country are devastating. What is happening with our weather . It just keeps coming too with no sign of a let up.
All my fences are swinging precariously and there is nothing I can do on my own. I know thats minor to what other people have though.

Did you hear about that house that blew up about 12 miles from me in Clacton on sea. How horrifying. Those poor people.

My long day at work today a whole 10hrs but then its home a quick change and out to bingo.

Jenny I hope things ease for you soon. I think my daughter lives not too far from you but havn't heard of any problems with her, which is good news.

H hope you get everything done you need to.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Morning Helena, Jenny and Lorraine.
I haven't seen the weather news yet not long surfaced the wind noise was awful till gone 2 this morning I am surprised the fence is still in tact and the big tree standing.
It really is hard to believe this is happening to us I have always use to say we moan about our weather but we never suffer too much very wrong this year.
Dry and calm here so far.

Stay safe everyone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Good morning one and all
Hopping you all have survived another night without too much damage ,just devastating to read and hear on the news ,do take care everyone when your out and about ,and the sick bay is emptying ,special hugs for those still feeling poorly ,cadets go well ,and big wins at the bingo ,
Well it's dry at the moment ,although their forecasting snow for us and by the looks of it they could be right the sky's very heavy looking
Nothing much on the cards today apart from the usual ,must give the kitchen a good going over ,get the muppets out for a good walk. Might try getting them into the plantation will see how it goes ,don't fancy sliding down the hill
Do take extra special care and stay safe have a good day xxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Morning all - although it is not a very good one for all those people affected by the terrible storms and flooding - it is distressing enough watching the news and reading the papers. It was so cold in here when I surfaced and when I checked the thermometer it was only 12.5°C so I thought ess oh dee the lecci bills, I have to put the heating on - then thought of the people who were flooded and had no homes/electricity/gas etc so why am I even thinking of complaining about a higher bill than normal?

Puts everything in perspective.

Helena - good luck in finding a refrigerator.

Jenny - I do hope the Thames does not start rising and the Bourne does not get any worse.

Lorraine - that you do not have any more problems with that Iain lad.

Bev and Lynn that your fences stay up.

Jen - when you arrive, that the gotta-goes have gone.

Meg - that you feel a bit better this morning and are able to get some rest.

Wishing everyone a safe, dry and warm day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Morning Helena and all.
I'm still here and feeling much better today thanks.
It is very calm and quiet this morning but still raining
I missed a lot yesterday but I know there are a lot of poorlies so I hope you are all feeling better today.
I will pop back in a while, I'm going to try a bit of brekkie
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Good Morning everyone, South West getting it again this morning poor souls and then it is the South East turn this afternoon, so it will be a case of batten down the hatches again.

Nippy Jen,
glad you are a bit better this morning.

Jenny, I hope they can get that tree out of the way and that the Bourne does not come up more this afternoon.

Lore, sorry you are having problems with your step son, I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Helena, sorry you are loosing the cliffs down there now. I hope Dave manages to finish the bathroom.

Malka, sorry you are having it cold there for you. I hope it soon warms up and you and Pereg will be warm as toast.

Lynn, hope you and Dillon are ok take care.

Have a good day everyone if you can, God bless.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Such joy here this morning with the removal of the cone!!Wish I had of videod it,was a sketch Been for a lovely walk,obviously able to smell better as she sniffed every blade of grass Happy days
NIP JEN,so good to hear you're feeling better xx
Sunny and lovely so far here.Window cleaner did the outside yesterday,going to get the inside done now.
Hope everyone is well,have a great day
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »