Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2005, 12:27 PM

Tips needed for Indi - recall & barking

I just thought you lot could give me a few training tips for Indi?
One problem I am having with her is her curiosity of dog aggressive dogs... If the dogs off the lead Indi will go and see and play... I call her back before she reaches the dog if its one I dont know - and she comes back straight away.. but if its a dog on a lead, showing some aggression, Indi is facinated and it takes me ages to get her back, which isnt fare on the owner or other dog...

For eg. Last night I was on the field facing the main entrance so I can check who is coming in. But a lady and a collie came from behind me and I didnt see her until the last minute and immediately shouted to Indi to put her on the lead, Indi came back but went again before I could get her... then proceeded to run upto the dog on the lead and just running around it and like daring herself to go closer... I finally got her back and apologised to the other owner... Is there anything I can do about this?

Also when we play fetch she gets excited and when you lean to get the toy off the floor, she barks / yaps in your face and last night she accidently nipped my arm... at the moment I have been getting her to sit a meter away from me when I pick it up, but shes too excited to stay in the sit!!!!

If anyone has got any tips / advice I could try - that would be great!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Cooper

You need to proof Indi against distractions. This article may help you: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/showthread.php?t=8049
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Cheers SB - started last night in the house, all went well - perfect recall 100% - so going to try in the garden now.

Thanks x
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
SB
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks SB - recall now 100% all the time now!!!!!
they absolutely BOLT to me when I say 'Here'

Thanks