View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tinaballina
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Looking for an enclosed dog park for my rescue greyhounds! (Essex)

Hello everyone! This is my first post. I'm looking for information on relatively local enclosed green spaces for me two greyhounds to run around in. We live in Basildon, Essex and although we have a nature reserve at our doorstep we've always wanted to find somewhere 100% enclosed so we can let them run around off the lead and without their muzzles (no other dogs around).

One is a bit of a hunter and the other is extremely nervous, both love to chase/hunt anything smaller than them (including little dogs). They are quite friendly with other greyhounds as they are ex-racers so we'd really like to integrate them more with other grehounds if there are some local owners looking to mingle?

I've really come on here to talk to 'Madmare' as, through many forums, i've established that this lady may be our best hope! Though i've no idea how to actually message her on here... Help! My dogs really need to run free as they love to do.

Hope some one can give me some useful/specific advice! Thanks
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi I don't think new members can use the message facility but someone else will know better about that. Hopefully Madmare will see your post here. Shame you didn't put the name in the title if you wanted them specifically.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2013, 05:00 PM
In think that you can leave a message for Madmare in the Direct Threads section - title it FAO Madmare and she might be able to help you.

In the meantime

JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-03-2013, 08:02 PM
To be honest I think Madmare will find this thread with the title...

Good luck though, we have two retired greyhounds and have found enclosed spaces hard to come by.

We have used Horse stables in the past, they usually have a large enclosed arena, at the minute we are taking them to a dog training school who rent out the huge training field when there are no classes on.

As for your Greyhounds, enjoy them. They are fantastic pets! We have one who when she came to us was very 'hunt' orientated but also very nervous due to her past.
Now she is fine with all dogs (although cats are still advised to give her a dodge!). Local parks helped a lot with lots of dogs and people to help them gain confidence.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Theres an enclosed dog park heading towards southend along the A127, if you go into google and paste the coordinates below.

We take out 2 greys there occasionally
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
i live in basildon. (lee chaple north)
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Hi,

I no longer have access to the enclosed field I used to take bookings for I am afraid.

However it is worth trying some boarding kennels that have large paddocks as one near me I contacted said I could use it when they are not busy with boarding dogs.

If you want to walk your greys with others then there are organised greyhound walks most Sundays where there is often about 50 greyhounds and owners meet up for a stroll together for about an hour and there is usually a cafe or dog friendly pub we can all enjoy afterwards too. Just search the site Greyhound Walks. Every greyhound and owner is welcome, you just turn up and everyone is very friendly.
I will also be organising 3 greyhound walks for this spring/ summer so you would be more than welcome to come on those too or if you fancy a trip to Colchester anytime I am always happy to walk with you at weekends.

Now how about posting some pics of your lovely hounds as we would love to see them.
ghopkinson
New Member!
Male 

18-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Someone told me of a park off the A127 towards Southend. I went on Sunday and we enjoyed ourselves. Copy and past co ordinates in to google to see exactly where.