Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 07:25 PM

My mum's stuck in Benidorm

My mum was supposed to be coming home last night but is stuck in Benidorm and can't get a flight home 'til Monday. She found a cheap hotel and her insurance (luckily) is going to pay out for it (some of her pals who she went with are not so lucky) but she is very upset and was crying on the phone today. Turns out the holiday was a bit of a disaster and there were some fallings out (girls holiday away), they have made up but she says it's just awkward now and everyone just wants to go home.

The b/f (as some of you know) is also away and due back wed so hopefully it will be clear by then otherwise he will just lose the plot where he is, he's halfway there already hahaha.

Bless my poor little mummy x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Kel, I do feel sorry for your Mum, I was watching Sky today and they interviewed a woman who was stuck in Brussels and having to pay huge hotel bills and all the Eurostar trains are fully booked, not nice at all.

Allegedly they've been flying around today taking samples which are being analysed right now and with a bit of luck the 'all clear' will be given tomorrow, I hope so for your Mums sake.

As for the b/f well, maybe it would be fate intervening if he were to be stuck there for another few days and I bet you'll tell him that too
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Aww Bless ya! I hope your Mum can get home soon x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh that's not good! What a difficult situation to be in. I hope she gets home soon. xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kel, I do feel sorry for your Mum, I was watching Sky today and they interviewed a woman who was stuck in Brussels and having to pay huge hotel bills and all the Eurostar trains are fully booked, not nice at all.

Allegedly they've been flying around today taking samples which are being analysed right now and with a bit of luck the 'all clear' will be given tomorrow, I hope so for your Mums sake.

As for the b/f well, maybe it would be fate intervening if he were to be stuck there for another few days and I bet you'll tell him that too
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless ya! I hope your Mum can get home soon x
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Oh that's not good! What a difficult situation to be in. I hope she gets home soon. xx
Thanks guys, well she was at the airport today they said DEFINITELY NO to tomorrow (well today now!) and there were no flights for her airline (she has to stay with the same airline or lose the money she paid for the flight) on Sunday, so she has one booked for Monday. They said she could check back on Sat but it was looking bleak as even if they could get flights out there are a LOT of people waiting to get on them and nothing was 'bookable' for sat, she'd just have to wait around the airport all day/night and see if they are going to let any out or not. Otherwise, Monday, hopefully!

The BF can just bloomin' well learn his lesson if he has to stay, as I said elsewhere, least he isn't losing money if he has to stay extra (but maybe losing his sanity!)
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Some of her friends are flying back on a different airline (at the extra cost and losing the money they have already paid for their flight home) to fly instead to Devon (rather than Manchester) and get the train up (at more extra cost!). But I think those are the people whos insurance is not covering the extra hotel bills in Benidorm, but I still can't see all that working out any cheaper.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi,

If I were your Mom I'd stick with Monday's flight and try to enjoy the extra 2 days she has in the sun.

Far better than sitting around Alicante airport with surly Spaniards wandering about getting irate with people stuck there through no fault of their own.

Laura xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Oh doesn't sound good, your poor mum, maybe she should get a good book and stay in at the motel and wait it out.
As for the b/f well hmmmmmmmmm
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

If I were your Mom I'd stick with Monday's flight and try to enjoy the extra 2 days she has in the sun.

Far better than sitting around Alicante airport with surly Spaniards wandering about getting irate with people stuck there through no fault of their own.

Laura xx
Thank you, that's what she's decided to do, so hopefully flights will be ok on Monday!

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Oh doesn't sound good, your poor mum, maybe she should get a good book and stay in at the motel and wait it out.
As for the b/f well hmmmmmmmmm
Well hopefully the flights will be ok on Monday and as for the b/f, bah...