View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

30-03-2005, 06:56 AM

Pee Posts

18. Pee Poles: These are very new in the pet shops and are made of hard plastic and look almost like a 1 foot high giant tack.

The tack is impregnated with a Pheromone that causes the dogs and bitches to urinate on them. You hammer them in the area you want the dog to urinate and hey presto. Believe it or not it appears to work. These scientists are doing very well with their pheromones, what with the DAP diffuser and now this.

Stan
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 08:23 AM
We got one of these for Duncan - he spent more time racing around with it in his mouth than anything else in my opinion it was a complete waste of money. Sorry !
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I was considering getting one of these to save our plants ,has anyone had any success?? Charlie only pees on plants that overhang the lawn at the moment
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

30-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Julie
We got one of these for Duncan - he spent more time racing around with it in his mouth than anything else in my opinion it was a complete waste of money. Sorry !
No problem

I also had a dog that loved to run round with one and chewed it.

In the main I have seen and had some good success with them but you will always get one that thinks it looks like a great game. I found the best way to use them was take the dog on a leasd to the post and use treats.

Stan
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 12:00 PM
I it defiantely worked I would consider getting one of these, I'm sick of my patio stinking, even though I power clean it everyday and dissenfect(sp) also it would stop Bailey from peeing on my back door frame, his favorite spot good job its UPVC otherwise it would have rotted by now.

MO
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
i put one in our garden - Bruno had a good sniff round it - -licked it etc walked about 10 feet away and did both number one and 2 - right on the xmas tree that I planted in the garden - so eer rr no it didnt work - however once we getthe lawn redone I am going to train him to use it as want my lawn to be pee and poo free as much as possible....

dani
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Doglistener
18. Pee Poles: These are very new in the pet shops and are made of hard plastic and look almost like a 1 foot high giant tack.
The tack is impregnated with a Pheromone that causes the dogs and bitches to urinate on them. You hammer them in the area you want the dog to urinate and hey presto. Believe it or not it appears to work. These scientists are doing very well with their pheromones, what with the DAP diffuser and now this.

Stan
Wow I didn't realise they were that big, in the pics I've seen they only look 2" tall!! I'd definitely get one when I have a dog that pees in the garden, my two just refuse to!! Should think myself lucky really!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2005, 11:35 AM
i wish it was that simple my dog sniffs out every other dogs pee and has to pee on it regardless if there is a post or not! any suggestions?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone got a picture of one, I've looked and cann't find any.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-04-2005, 01:49 PM
The breeder i got Abe from told me of a simple trick to encourage a dog to pee in a particular place.Dilute normal bleach with water and using one of them little trigger guns-spray the mix to an area where you want them to go.Bleach contains ammonia like urine and since dogs prefer to wee where others have gone-they normally go again.I tried it on Abe when he was a pup and it worked!

This reason though is also why you shouldnt clean any accidents a puppy does on tiles etc with bleach! :smt088
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >