View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:48 PM
no good then i dont want her put through to much as shes my baby she had to have a put removed the last time i did not sit down till she got back home and wanted to sit next to the vet till thay where done
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by shady73
how much are thay would it not be cheaper to get her done
Shady, you can't have your bitch spayed while she is in season, you will now have to wait three months till mid cycle. The reason I suggested talking to the vet is because if the bitch had a litter of deformed puppies on her first/last season, it is not a good idea for her to have another litter now by her son and you need to do everything in your power to prevent it, and although I do not like hormone injections it is preferable to the alternative.
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:49 PM
sorry i can not spell tonight i meant a pup
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Shady as already mentioned, now that your male dog know she is in season, it is very hard on him, he cannot control his behaviour, so you must try to be as patient as possibly, even if it is driving you mad, I know exactly how you feel, as I have been in the exact same situation, but now I have a kennel and secure run that I put the bitch in when she is in season, no way would I allow the male near her, I certainly do not want an unplanned litter on my hands.

Mo
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Shady, you can't have your bitch spayed while she is in season, you will now have to wait three months till mid cycle. The reason I suggested talking to the vet is because if the bitch had a litter of deformed puppies on her first/last season, it is not a good idea for her to have another litter now by her son and you need to do everything in your power to prevent it, and although I do not like hormone injections it is preferable to the alternative.

Sorry mini I took it you were talking about the male being injected

shady as soon as all this is over I suggest you book your bitch in at the vets to get spayed, with the history you have given regarding your bitch I would think that is the best option. and peace will once again return to your home.

Mo
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:55 PM
i have been lucky he has not got that far long walks make him sleep its just when we are out he is put away so im doing my best
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Shady, can your male not go somewhere else till the season is all over? You just can't imagine how excruciatingly 'painful' it is for a male to be around a female in season. It's bad enough having a bitch in season in the neighbourhood, let alone in the same house.

Please don't keep shouting at him for his behaviour - it's an instinct too strong for him to avoid; he's not misbehaving!

Sorry again if this sounds harsh, but please think about the dog as well as the bitch. If you think it's doing your head in, you can't imagine what it's like for your dog.

Becs
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Good luck hope its not much longer for you, how long has she been in season?

Mo
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i said to my wife i would ask advice on this site and you all have been a good help i dont want to put him off the job as i want to stud im out (give the dirty sod the calling in life has )hes a good looking dog with a good hip score i love him to bits and feel sorry for him
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 10:06 PM
he is all for my wife it would kill him to be away from her as he is her shadow so ill just have to wach him and keep him apart from hes mum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >