Male 

19-03-2017, 08:08 AM

Good morning Sunday 19th March

Good morning all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Looks like my Good morning thread has gone walk abouts. I wonder what happened to it. Never mind hope you are all well. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Morning all
Well i never knew there were 2 different sorts of fishcakes!!
my cousin messaged me last night, she has been looking into my dads family and found a load of info, she is going to give it me for my brother as he started it on ancestry..apparently she could see he had been looking
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
my cousin messaged me last night, she has been looking into my dads family and found a load of info, she is going to give it me for my brother as he started it on ancestry..apparently she could see he had been looking
You are lucky that your cousin has done this for you A few years back we had someone on here who urged me to join that site, at the time I was considering doing some familly research, so I paid my £110 subscription, and started putting in names. What a nightmare Every name I entered came up with hundreds of pages I found I was spending 2 or 3 hours each evening just trying to sort out the real descendants from all the rest

I never got anywhere and never discovered anything except that my grandad (on fathers side) had been a supervisor in a tobacco & alcohol warehouse in 1911. My Dad always said he was a 'schools inspector' He was actually but that was much latter than 1911.

Have to go now as Casey is lying behind me and giving me 'the whine' This is what he does when he thinks it's w - a - l - k time, he even knows when I'm typing the darn word on the keyboard
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

Have to go now as Casey is lying behind me and giving me 'the whine' This is what he does when he thinks it's w - a - l - k time, he even knows when I'm typing the darn word on the keyboard
Clever fellow - the dog I mean..............
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Yes Harvey...my brother did it whilst it was a free weekend or something, i have no interest in my family...the ones i have are enough of a pain without digging up more Lol. I have found Steve's dads family, his mum would never talk about his dad or his family so he doesn't know if he has aunties uncles etc...he does have uncles and an aunt, i also have his dads new address and unbeknown to him he drives past his dads house about 30 times a day!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Hubby bought Family Tree maker and got 6 months Ancestry subscription free. Every time the tree maker updates he gets another 6 months. He's traced his own ancestry back to the 1500s. He got way back in mine too, but then hit Wales which is a nightmare .

Not something that interests me at all. Makes me a bit sad to be honest so I avoid it
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Weather here wasn't brilliant.
Walked a lot. Nothing new there.

The boy has learned to sit and wait while I stroll on. It took just one shot and a plain piece of boiled chicken breast. As I said in another thread he'd do the highland fling for that.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Ahhh well done Besoeker
Chris, I am not interested in my past at all...my dad thinks I am odd lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Hello everyone. We are now back in Norfolk.
We stopped at Millersdale on the way back and then into Matlock where we went into the park and had coffee and cake and met another Bernese and then along came a young man and his family whose grandparents use to breed them. He was in his element.
Dillon has had his tea and is completely zonked out.
Mark had done the washing for me that was in the basket and we saw Joel before they headed back off to Essex Mark is staying there tonight.
Yorkshire fishcakes are delicious.
Sliced layered potato with fish in between and then cooked in batter we had never heard of them before either. Would definitely have them again.

I find the family tree thing a nightmare to.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >