Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 08:26 PM
The journey back to Norfolk.
One tired boy who is now settled back in his own home.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_132722961_HDR.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	5494   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_134959221.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	5495  
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Thanks for those pics Lynn. Love the one of him sleeping in the car

Some people do look at the size of these dogs and some do go into 'panic mode' but Dillon is like our Casey now, he will sniff a tiny dog or a puppy and never even a hint of a growl

The first year we had him was difficult but only because he had been abandoned after approx. 6 years and had spent one year in kennels in South Wales (They were unable to rehome him) and then nearly another year in the Newfoundland Club rescue kennels. He was so desperate to meet other dogs that he pulled like a tractor on the lead and even broke it once

I think Dillon is a gentle giant, you can see it in his eyes, but there will always be people who don't understand dogs and worse still those that try to apply human laws and behaviours to them. They are NOT little kids in fur coats, IMO opinion they have a higher code of ethics than humans do
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Sue, nice to see you back, we missed you (And Barry but don't tell him )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Clever fellow - the dog I mean..............
Well it's mostly related to the time. I recently went out before my lunch, that was a bad idea, felt weak and tired when returned home. So now I always make sure I have a bit of lunch before going. Casey watches for the signs that lunch is over (Cup and plate going in the dishwasher etc) and as far as he's concerned that's it, we're going, the phone might ring, someone call at the door, etc. all of no consequence to him, we're dam well going and nothing must delay us.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I am not interested in my past at all...my dad thinks I am odd lol
You, odd, never But you are the only girl I know who knows what a torque wrench is and how to use it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Lovely photos Lynn
Lol Harvey..yup I am a bit odd...well no, a lot odd lol
Ahhhh torque wrenches...i am that sad I still have my first set of feeler guages...sentimental devil me
I am not sure if I said or not but my dad had his xjs sent off for inspection to get her back on the road, to be honest, he had convinced himself she would be scrapped...i told him she wasn't that bad and Chris confirmed it on Friday....work commences in a couple of weeks!!! I am so pleased
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Hi,
Late on the go
LYNN,fab pics.Dillion looking gorgeous as ever
SUE,welcome back,looking forward to the holiday snaps,you lucky sods!!Lucia is up and strolling round the house like she owns the place,just happened todayI'm freaking out if I'm honestwell,they'd fall over a blade of grass at that age wouldn't they?I don't handle bumps very wellNo doubt Emily will follow shortly....it's going to be good!
TW,thinking of you,hope all is well xx
KAZZ(( hugs))
GRIFF,you are not "odd",you're special
Had a lovely day,sun was shining.Family were all here and we had good craic.
Hope everyone is ok,big hi to all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Well....I did a post but doesn't seem to have appeared.
OMG at Lucia, let's face it though, the twinnies DO own the house in all but name
Lynn, Dillon is a handsome chap, a shame about the lady Bernese you met, she hasn't the quality of Dillon though, head isn't right and no substance to her
Bit sad tonight
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2017, 05:19 AM
What's up Tw??
Lol...Lacey, get yourself a supply of witch hazel and keep me bump cool packs in the fridge or freezer and you'll be fine lol....you raised your 2without them suffering permanent damage...you could be in trouble when the twins realise you can't catch them if they go in opposite directions lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3