Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Ahhh well done Besoeker
Chris, I am not interested in my past at all...my dad thinks I am odd lol
I frustrate the heck out of my OH. He wants to tell me all the history and I just glaze over. He even resorted at one time to explaining it all to my sister as she's a bit more interested than I am
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Ahhh well done Besoeker
Chris, I am not interested in my past at all...my dad thinks I am odd lol
You probably are!!!

My surname isn't particulary common but I know of the forbears on my father's side back to the '45 rebellion.
Not from the internet but there was an old fellow on the isle of North Uist (where my father was from) who had an interest in the geanology of the local community. I soaked it up.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Here's a few pictures.
I will get the Millersdale ones off Gorden's phone later.

We also stopped at Litton mill no mill there now though and not much to see still the scenery is beautiful.

This young lady we met is nearly 9. they thought they were getting her from a reputable breeder she turned out to be the runt of the litter and from a puppy mill. She has bad joints but then so does dillon and came from a reputable breeder and sire and dam with excellent hip and elbow scores. She is also allergic to meat so has a vegetable and fish diet.
She was a total sweetheart.
Dillon has been so good except for the excitable barking when going out and the car stopping.
But with regards with his social skills re: dogs and humans cannot fault him so very proud of him.
We met the tiniest Yorkie we have ever seen in Matlock and Dillon let it sniff his ears and his nose and say hello. So gentle.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_102434873.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	5486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_115026715.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	5487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_115029932.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	5488  
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Afternoon all.

Lynn just a question would you have another Bernese? my nieve loves big breeds and her dream would be a Leonberger her fiance likes a cat person rather than dogs but liked the Bernese at Crufts and also one they meet in the park.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 06:18 PM
OOh yes forgot to say we met a 2 year old deerhound today at Millersdale.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Good evening everyone we are back Have had a lovely holiday with wall to wall sunshine but very very hot. A lovely cruise round some to the Caribbean Islands. No doubt Barry weill be putting up some photos some time.

Have had a quick read through. Sorry about the result for Cariad June but hope she proves everyone wrong and continues to live a happy life for some time to come. Hope son hears about the jo soon.

Griff you are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Hope you are now feeling better.

Poor Dillon and his foot Lynn. Hope the tuff stuff is working for him. Pleased you enjoyed the few days away and that Mark now has a job near to you and can at last save for a flat.

Nice to see you back Eileen and the girls are lovely. Sarah, our youngest and one week older than the twins, is up and running around and joinng the other two causing havoc!

Hope everyone is keeping well and will try and join in more tomorrow but having been up for two days and done all the washing and ironing since coming home I am shattered

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Kazz the answer would be yes. We say and of course we are hoping Dillon has a good few years with us yet that by the time we no longer have him our reasons for not having another one would be our age and the hard work they are when puppies and their strength.
Health issues are obviously a concern especially orthopedic ones but as the people we met today said once you have owned one no other breed compares for us. Saying that though we love all the mountain dog breeds Leonbergers being our next favourite.
Sue so glad you had a lovely holiday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 06:47 PM
The Bernese you met, Lynn, hasn't got as nice a head as Dillon and not got the size either, happy to hear you enjoyed your 'time out' despite the weather
Lucky you having all that sun, Sue, its been yet another day of wall to wall rain, with the odd dry half hour, then back again with more, 3 days now, and another day of it tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes for Cariad, I bear in mind her age and that is against her, but she is happy and doing well at present and thats all I can ask for.
So glad I got her to the vets when I did, of course I do wish I had taken her when I saw the 'wart' but I wasn't to know this horrible disease can take on the form of various things and change daily,I know now and it won't sneak past me again.
No training today, was hopeful, when the forecast said it would stop by noon and there would be a few hours of dry weather, eventually stopped at 1.30 and I wouldn't have had time to get us ready and out the door
Kazz,forgot to mention your Op,and hoping all goes well for you.
Griff, there is a family story that we come down from Judge Jeffries (Bloody Assizes) on my father's side, I have got back to the 1700's and the family name changes to Jeffrey's.....not gone into it any further, but it is interesting, I love history though. Still read a lot of historical fiction and watch programmes about history. Used to go to battle re-encactments years ago, which was so fantastic, but my then OH although interested in Medieval Weaponry didn't have my enthusiasm really.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2017, 08:02 PM
lovely photos Lynn and i am pleased Dillon did you proud...i don't mind big dogs at all but my 2 can be a little wary...mind, we don't see many big dogs here
Sue, pleased you had a great holiday and even better plenty of sunshine!! thankyou for being so kind...i am doing o.k, still very hurt but thats me, i have a very hard exterior but am pretty sensitive if i decide to let you in
TW, shame you didn't make training, hopefully we will all have nice dry weather soon
had the dogs out for their walk, we had the whole place to ourselves...lovely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Last of the photos.
Millersdale, Matlock and a tired boy heading back to Norfolk.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_094202372_HDR.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	5489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_092314231_HDR.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	5490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170319_094209286_HDR.jpg
Views:	49