Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 18th March

Good Morning everyone,

Lynn, Enjoy your break away, hope Dillon settles.

Griff, Hope things will be better for you today. look after yourself.

June, hope all is well with you and the dogs. Hope the weather is kinder to you too.

Mandy, Brenda, Sue, Barry, Norma, Harvey, LG, Kazz, Nikki, Jenny and Brian, hope you are all ok and your four legged friends too. Eileen hope you are not overdoing things either.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Eileen I know your secret now. Saw the latest ad for Berocca last night. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
What a fowl night dreadfully windy, noisy and pouring with rain. Not as windy now but wet and grey.
Just seen someone go past with their hood up so cold to it would seem.
Dillon very unsettled last night so I slept down here for a while then Gorden took over till 6 then i came down and he went back to bed till around 8 this morning.
Looks like it will be the same agenda for tonight.
Dilon really is not relaxed at all not at all like him. He usually settles well mind you last place we went away it was all on one level so maybe that's why ? At home the living room door is always left open at bed time and he has access to the stairs if he wants to come in the bedroom here he can't not allowed and he wouldn't do the twist at the top to tight and narrow.
Good job it's only two nights.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Awful here as well during the night, very strong 40mph wind and torrential rain. Beds not too bad this morning, so everyone kept inside, which is nothing short of a miracle really
Mabs stayed where she was last night and no battles, looks like we are through the PMT Wars and peace reigns
Steeled myself to read about mast cell cancer and its not encouraging. We have about 35 weeks at most, once she starts with gastric ulcers, vomiting and dire rear I think I will call it quits. If he did catch it early and cut it out with a large margin, then we may be lucky, as its high grade, probably not.
Lynn what a shame you have the bad weather as well, as its coming in from the Atlantic was hoping you would get better weather than this.
Dry here at present and going to try and get everyone out for a bit of a walk once breakfast has gone down and been slept on. We've got more rain later on and looks like to tomorrow is going to be bad
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning everyone,
Good afternoon Moyra, hope you are well (and Steve too) I read you're question about the 'back' recently and happy to report that all is well on that front, but I have been feeling tired and yesterday I caught a head cold (because I forgot my nice woolly hat when walking the dogs) and had a hot bath and two paracetamol and was in bed by 9pm which thankfully seems to have worked wonders. As Lynn said the wind has been bitterly cold here.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon very unsettled last night so I slept down here for a while then Gorden took over till 6 then i came down and he went back to bed till around 8 this morning.
It's most likely just the unfamiliar surroundings, hope you and Gordon enjoy your few 'away' days

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
We have about 35 weeks at most, once she starts with gastric ulcers, vomiting and dire rear I think I will call it quits. If he did catch it early and cut it out with a large margin, then we may be lucky, as its high grade, probably not.
Got everything crossed for you June, she's clearly a lovely dog and I know you'll do what's right for her.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Lynn maybe leave a radio on for Dillon to help him settle. Could be the house sounds different to yours with the high winds. I am off on holiday to in 6 weeks time to Burly in the New Forest. Bye for now peeps. Off for a coffee as just got back from shopping in Hove. June hugs to you.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Hey Peeps
Have a head the size of Brazil after yesterdayWent to parade,then out for dinner and after the pub of courseWas great fun...hangover not so much
TW,sorry for my absence when you heard the newsSending (( hugs)).Fingers crossed it'll all be ok and you'll have lots more time with the gorgeous Cariad.Give her some love from me xx
LYNN,good for youWee holiday will do ya the world of you
Need to catch up with everyone else's posts,will have to wait till later when I get sitting downHope all are ok
Leah had her formal on Thurday Night,I'll post some pics.She had a balland looked fab.
Twins and parents are away to choose a kitchen for a house they don't even know they have yetHas to be done,knowing whether they have their mortgage at this point is not an issue apparently Thinking positively
Right so,I'll pop back in a bit,enjoy your day all xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Cariad's got a High Grade mast cell tumour, Eileen. She's ridiculously well and sprightly at the moment, which makes it harder in a strange way. Loving living in the house though, still wearing an Xlarge mens tshirt as the hair on the op site hasn't grown back as yet, weather being what it is, she is a house dog in a t shirt
LOL at the kitchen choosing without having the house to go in as yet, but they'll know what they want when the house is given the go ahead, which I hope will be soon, a long wait. Son was the same, took ages for it all to go through, there must be more hoops to jump through these days maybe.
Glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday, you've had a tough 2 years one way and another so nice you could let yourself loose again, table dance included
Not stopped raining all day, despite the forecast saying no rain till the afternoon, it started soon after breakfast and we had a short interlude and then it started off again. We're all fed up of it now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Afternoon been drizzling all day. We went for a walk round the village this morning which has several cafe's all dog friendly and one the woman came running over asking us to pop in later she use t own a boarding kennel and boarded a Bernese. Dillon got some biscuits.
We then popped into Bakewell for a wander Dillon got loads of fuss again.
Then when we got back we popped up to the cafe. Dillon got sausage and a bowl of water and lots of admiration and fuss .
We had treacle tart to die for and coffee.
Now back lazing about after another long wet walk round the village and beyond. Fish and chips later from the local chippy.

Eileen hope the head recovers soon and you have space for a kitchen if needed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Morning all.
Hope you are all good, still dogless here but adjusting well. Taken to talking to Speedy the nerite snail in the tropical tank....LOL work tonight then thats me till next Thursday.
Had my date come through for my hernia op May 2nd, seems the issue is its not reducable now and small bowel also in the mix according to the Consultant. So in I go open op due to size and complexity; hey ho.

Anyhow
Moyra hope you are feeling okay and health wise all going in the right direction.
Brenda Where are you off to for your break, and must look for the Berocca advert does it have a meaning I am missing or have missed?
Lynn What a shame for the weather but sounds great for the break, always nice to be somewhere different and a lovely christmas present. Souds like Dillon needs more holidays so he gets used to different surroundings LOL
T.W I am sorry to hear the news and reading now is a good idea, so in your head you have a plan and not having to sort it out as you get further in. Gald the "wars" have stopped too.
Losos Lovely to see you and hope your all well.
Brenda My cousin has had a holiday with his partner at Burly last year they enjoy walking and loved it although they are dog free.
Lacey Stay away from the POWERTOOLS girl as you are worse for wear. But nice to go out and enjoy yourself. Go girl.

Too everyone HELLO

Having sausage and mash for dinner tonight with tomato sauce......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >