View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry June still not easy even when you have a suspicion something is wrong and you have already decided what course of action to take.
I would be thinking exactly the same as you in that regards.

Most infuriating Moyra. Sorry the wall is not yet sorted didn't take as long to build the great wall of china the rate this is going.
Re-thinking Dillon's painkillers they only had tramadol and I'm not keen on them saw what they did to mum and they did say they would make him drowsy which isn't really the point for this weekend and he isn't in enough pain to warrant that.
When I asked how much the bill was going to be £160+ as she had prescribed 60 I only wanted a few of something just to take the edge off now and then. When we agreed 10 would be enough it would of cost £25+ but in the end I opted out and will discuss something else when we return from our break but at this time they have nothing else in so it would need to be ordered.
Shame he cannot take the previcox now he has had the cartrophen as I still have some of those.
Keep meaning to say June this time Dillon's 4 cartrophen injections cost just over £100 again not sure if you will be thinking of going ahead with those now though ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Well I was thinking that Lynn, then I thought it may help her anyway, will make the appointment for a month and discuss it with him then. I want to keep her as comfortable as possible and give her a good quality of life for as long as possible, so its still worth considering. No idea how long she's got, not asked and I won't ask either.
Lona had Tramadol after her ops and they knocked her for six, which was needed in the circumstances, but Dillon is a different scenario entirely, I understand exactly where you are coming from on this
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Lynn, do you know anyone going to Spain?? My mum bought tramadol over the counter there....hell of a lot cheaper than the vet
TW...i am so sorry, you are right, as long as she is happy and comfortable then that's o.k
Been to see the nurse today, she had a good old chat with me...such a lovely lady. Been and got a new house phone with a built in nuisance blocker..getting fed up with phone calls now
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2017, 08:42 PM
June so sad to hear your news. Take care.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Thinking of you both tonight June. She is a tough old girl and God willing you have some time left to go with her. xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Thank you everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I want to keep her as comfortable as possible and give her a good quality of life for as long as possible
That's all any responsible owner would try to do. I am keeping an eye on your posts and sending all the good vibes we can from down here
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, do you know anyone going to Spain?? My mum bought tramadol over the counter there....hell of a lot cheaper than the vet
Good suggestion, the other possibility is to ask the vet for a written prescription which you can send to an 'on line' veterinary supplier. This is perfectly legit and the practice have to give it to you if you ask.

Mind you I had a hell of a problem with our original vets in getting a written prescription, asked three times, and still when I went to pick it up it wasn't ready. I was mad and we moved to a new practice.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Has been a lovely day down here, a nice cool breeze while walking the dogs. Casey found 'something' in the undergrowth, no idea what but it must have been small 'cos when I went to see what he was eating he had already swallowed it

Best wishes to all out there, see you tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2017, 10:12 PM
Ewwww Casey lol been lovely here today too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >