Our sister sites
Our sister sites
P@ddy
New Member!
Female 

13-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Moving my dog back to the UK

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this.

I am moving back to the UK in November from Malta and I don't want to leave my 12 year old dog behind. I have a maximum budget of £500 to get him and myself back and have looked at every possible route (plane, train, ferry etc) but can't get the cost down low enough!

To fly him directly into the UK he has to fly as cargo which for him alone is £530 (he is a small/medium cross breed), then i have to get back.

I have looked at flying him to France then getting the train and ferry back to the UK but the ferry companies don't allow foot passengers on with dogs because they have to stay in the car/ vehicle.

I have also looked at flying him to France then getting the train to the Eurotunnel but I can't take him through on the Eurostar train (they don't allow animals on the train), again he has to​ travel in a car/vehicle.

Can anyone suggest a way i can bring him back? I lost my springer spaniel in December and don't want to have to rehome my remaining dog.

Thanks
Louise