Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2017, 11:49 AM

Sunday 5th March 2017

Morning all. Sun shining after heavy shower. Quick question how long would you leave you car before using it. Now that I don't do training each week it can be days before I use it. Have a good afternoon all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Afternoon brenda and all who follow.
Not sure where the day went yesterday or today.
Did Shouldham yesterday with Dillon then popped out for some shopping and somehow the day had gone.
Not long back from Brandon Park with Dillon horrible wet cold day today.
Got to tidy him up when he is dryer do some housework and cook a roast.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
brenda I do not always use my car a lot but need it for shopping and vet visits. Being rural I feel happier having it than not.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Quick question how long would you leave you car before using it.
Depends on the 'condition' of your battery. Generally batteries start to loose charge slightly after 5 to 6 years so that's why the recommendation is change them before that life has been reached.

If you only do short trips e.g. less than 10 miles each day then the battery won't be getting a good charge.

Obviously it's worse in winter than summer (headlights, heaters, etc.)

The manufacturers 'claim' their batteries are much more advanced now but I don't believe them. I do not think they have developed a reliable battery for an electric car yet so I won't be going down that route

If your battery is less than 4 years old you should be OK leaving 3 to 4 days (maybe a week) between use, in summer it could be more.

HTH
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not long back from Brandon Park with Dillon horrible wet cold day today.
Yes, same here, have been finding things to do inside this morning because I don't want to go out in it

But dear old Casey will soon start to make signs that it is 'that time' and I will have to go

How is your sister Haven't seen you post anything lately.

Will be back tonight I hope, if not send the search & rescue guys to Knettishal Heath.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone, I see the opening thread I posted this morning around 7.15 has not posted?!! In it I hoped that all was well with June's girls and Lynn's Dillon. I also said I hoped Griff was feeling better. I hoped that all absent posters were ok and wished everyone a warm and dry day as well as safe and well. Oh well never mind, hope you are all ok. take care all, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2017, 02:34 PM
I wondered where you were Moyra. Losos just had a new battery fitted so it sounds as if it will be OK standing idle at times.Lynn like you I do like it being there even if I don't use it that much.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Hello all,
I did wonder where you were too Moyra, glad that you are ok
When I got up this morning to lovely sunshine, had a cuppa and the weather woman said it was going to rain soon- so I got Rosie ready and took her off for a walk,at 7.20am
It was lovely out there, and not many folk about. We were out for around an hour and when we'd got home, had breakfast it was absolutely throwing it down, glad I went when I did.
Lauryn was at work 9-12, so I met her at 12 and we went to the gym too Tony cooked dinner, Roast Beef & trimmings, very nice too.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Pouring down here all day, have spent most of the afternoon clearing up, got 2 bin liners of wet horrid shavings out, am now at the end of the first bale of shavings I bought on Wednesday.Just really hoping this never ending rain does end pretty soon. My bin is already full, I went to the tip on Friday as well, 8 bin bags of sopping shavings in a week, and the next bin collection is this coming Friday, so I think I'll be back at the tip again any day soon
Cariad had a couple of walks and I'm about to take her again before they have their teas
Brenda, I have left mine 4 days and it started first time. Its usually stood between 2 and 3 days between runs and always starts, although I did have that problem a few months ago and they traced it to a wiring fault and replaced the battery as well.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I see the opening thread I posted this morning around 7.15 has not posted?!!
Hi Moyra, computers don't you just love 'em

It always amazes me that if any other engineeering discipline had the same reliability as computers there would be national outrage and never ending debates in parliament

I don't know how the likes of Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg get away with it.

Anyway, glad you're still with us

Was a tad wet and windy this afternoon with Casey & Lara, the old boy found another dead rabbit and picked it up managed to get it off him and deposited it in the farmers field. On the way back I was talking to a guy with a lovely young Boxer and behind my back Casey went into the field and recovered the dead rabbit for a second time so again I had to try and get it off him which luckily I was able to do so no rabbit pie for him tonight.

I must be getting soft 'cos I gave him some extra turkey meat tonight and another handful of granules. The dry food regime seems to be helping with his pooh and he gets just the meat of the turkey.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Weather.
Max out for a long stroll this morning. Horizontal rain.
Later, another at about 12:30.

Then he was left at home when we took the grand girls back home. It's about a four hour round trip and the weather had all four seasons in a day.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >