Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 2nd March

Good morning everyone.

Yay good news for you Moyra. What ever you are doing keeping doing it as it seems to have worked.

Hope you are feeling better today Griff.

Poor Dillon. As Griff said try surgical spirits it is meant to toughen skin.

Pleased you got the good shavings June and that the girls are being good. Think of you and Cariad at the vet today.

Lovely ad sunny here this morning but very windy so will be blown round on my walk in a minute

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Morning all!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Best of luck to June and Cariad today! I will be sending her a whatsapp when my phone has charged up.

Morning everyone! Very very windy here in the night and now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone, well I have started taking the metformin again as directed by the hospital doctor just hope it doesn't upset my kidneys again, they are bad enough at stage CKD3. Oh well fingers crossed. I knew my kidneys were improved because I have been peeing more freely.

June, good luck with Cariad today hope all goes well. Lyn, surgical spirit will harden Dillon's pad up if you try it.

Griff, wish you better soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Morning Sue, besoeker, nikki and Moyra.
Very windy here to did think the fences may be back down this morning but so far so good.

Moyra here's hoping the medication doesn't upset the kidneys.
Good luck June with Cariad.
griff hope you're feeling better today.

Thank you for the surgical spirit recommendations. Mark and Gill suggested that to. I was a little worried about it but will give it a try. Can't imagine he will want to lick it off due to the smell.
There is also something called tuf foot for humans and dogs and horses apparently and has good reviews but it is expensive. Cheapest £18 for an 8oz bottle.
Think I will try the surgical spirit first and use some more zinc loaded foods to.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2017, 08:54 AM
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Morning all
TW, hope the vets trip goes well
Lynn, Diesel never used to try and lick the surgical spirit so hopefully Dillon will be the same
Besoeker, i hope you are over your illness now??
Didn't sleep well...again! was boiling hot and freezing cold, seeing my consultant at the end of the month...might ask if i could have a couple of weeks off
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. Cariadnot pleased as no breakfast and she is shut in the kitchen while I have my breakfast as I feel mean.
Hoping she comes home, am a bit worried there may be something under The Lump, trying to think positive as she is fine in herself. She's had lots of hugs and kisses and we'll go a walk before getting in the car.
Lynn its a nightmare, if the skin is growing thin on the foot then perhaps something with Keratin in it. I can see surgical spirit toughening up what's there, but what you need is more and better quality skin. Just wondering if something that promotes growth in horses hooves may be worth looking at. There are products that you rub in the hoof, so maybe rubbing something like that on his paws
Didn't hear from son last night so no idea how the interview went.
Moyra if you improved when you stopped taking the meds, then maybe questioning what they are giving you and getting yourself on a different one
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Morning all. Hope all goes well for Cariad June. Griff hope you feel better soon. Moyra didn't you tell the medics that the metformin upsets your insides. Are you tired tumbleweed or copying that tv advert for purple bricks? Sue any news on your laptop or was it ipad? Well sun is shining but wind chilly so off out for another wander. Second of the day. Tyto always ready for a walk.
Love my dog. Have fun peeps whatever your plans.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Eeeeekkk, haircut today...with my usual hairdresser...not the training school Lol, she is very excited as she has never seen my hair this long and was on about cutting the back short and leaving the front longer...i want to grow it now though so will tell her that and see where we go from there, my theory is that if i grow it and don't like it i can cut it off but if i get it cut now then i won't be patient enough to grow it out again
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >