View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Yayyyyyyy for your kidneys Moyra...that is good news!!!
TW, pleased you got the decent shavings
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Excellent news Moyra you must be so relieved.
The coat sounds a good idea June and glad you got your shavings. We have resorted to putting straw down in the garden where Dillon treads a path and makes it mud. It's helping and of course it starts to dry during the day as no rain then by tea time it rains so more mud.

Back from the vet after his last injection for a while. He has put on a little bit of weight but he isn't walking far due to his paw.
Anna tested his elbows they are moving much more freely as are the hips. She checked his paw that is giving him trouble and she has confirmed the pad is thinning due to the distal rotation. So we have fingers crossed the boot helps she said to avoid hard surfaces when walking as much as possible bit hard round here.
May have to consider putting him in the car a couple of times a week as well the weekends and walk at Shouldham with him.
She said he can have pain killers which ease the pain in the pad/paw but it won't stop the thinning. Feeling a bit deflated really.
Looks like his pottering days may be nearer than I ever thought they would be.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just got back from the hospital had to wait for them to test the blood which took ages. Anyway, I am pleased to say that my kidneys are back to CKD3 so no dialysis. I am to start taking the metformin again but to have my blood checked again in a couple of weeks time. Boy am I relieved.
Good news indeed!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Got the shavings and have put two in the loft thingy in the big kennel, one is in the car as I haven't any more room due to the fact I've got a couple of mini bales of pet shavings there as well. They've had a really good clear out and are settled on deep beds with some bits and pieces of bones. I've now got to get their veg done for tea. I was intending to wash my hair this afternoon but its nearly bluddy teatime, got Jackie here tomorrow as well as Cariad at the vets in the morning, then I have to pick her up later on (hoping so anyway). Rain forecast for most of the day tomorrow, thankful that today has been lovely, bit of sun as well,very cold tonight apparently according to the BBC Weather app. Good job I bought a sack of coal whilst I was out and the fire will be lit tonight
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
International pigs day - apparently.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Mabs been out with Zen all day, and no squabbles, not even at tea time. Fingers crossed The Peace continues
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Awww, sorry to hear dillons pad is thinning, google surgical spirit Lynn, diesel used to twist when she walked and I used that to toughen her skin
Yay for the girls TW
Ooo is it really besoeker?? I look ike piggys, they are cute
Feel rotten, worst I have felt in a long time, teeth hurt, tummy hurts and I feel sick and I can't get bloomin warm...moan over
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Its your chemo day isn't it Griff, bad enough and now you are feeling poorly on top of the normal expected poorly.
Gone cold here. Mabs still outside, keep checking on them.Bit of wandering about but everyone in bed now. Put the heat lamps on as although its not touching freezing it is bitter out there. They have got really thick deep beds to make up for the past couple of days and everyone seems happy.
Cariad isn't going to be happy tomorrow morning when she has no breakfast, its just the worst thing that could happen to her, even worse than having to get wet
Lynn, poor Dillon,he around the same age as Mabs so just a youngster still. Hoping he keeps going a bit longer before he reaches pottering stage, Cariad and Lona are only just about at pottering stage now
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2017, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Its your chemo day isn't it Griff,
I didn't know. I had radiotherapy every day for six weeks last year. Felt very drained and still not over it.

Griff, good luck.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Evening everyone
Felt ill yesterday afternoon, started feeling iffy at work and it carried on in afternoon. Dicky stomach etc
Got up this morning and felt fine went to get weighed & ive finally done it and got my 1& stone award am so happy
Moyra I'm really pleased for you,
Lynn nothing wrong with a good rant, it's always better to get it out. Well done on the fact you've not topped the cow
Sorry about Dillon's pad, hopefully the boot helps
Griff nothing wrong in having a moan, hope you feeling a bit better.
Lauryn been off this week, it's why I've not been about much.
Been a nice day outside today, Rosie has enjoyed the wander about too
I'm watching Prime Suspect 1973, it's quite good
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2