Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bansh33
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2017, 10:53 PM

I have no idea what's going on..

Okay so I literally just posted about anal gland issues the other day. Now I'm not even sure if that's it. My dog Bear is 12 years old. Extremely energetic and full of life. Yesterday morning, he was laying down and refused to get up. When he did get up he would sit down very abruptly. I assumed it was anal gland issues because this is what happened last time. Now I'm not even sure if it's that anymore. He was acting the same way even after getting his glands expressed that evening by a vet. We took him back today and the vet dismissed him. Said he didn't have an infection and that they were fine. My dog is STILL crying in pain and can barely walk 5 feet without being irritated. I have no idea what's going on. Everytime he gets up, he shakes his fur. He's been scratching his shoulder a lot and just laying down in one spot for HOURS without moving. I'll be bringing him back to my other vet either tomorrow or during the week but I have no idea what is going on with my dog. So my question is, if it isn't his anal glands what else could it be..
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Try to get him to the vet sooner rather than later. The vet you saw today should have examined him more thoroughly. Something is obviously going on with him and it should be checked out urgently. It may be nothing serious, but on the other hand, you wouldn't want to wait and find it was something that needs urgent attention.

A good vet is the only one that can make a diagnosis and give your boy the help he needs.

Good luck x
Bansh33
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Oh of course, I really want him to go again but yesterday I spent $103 on the anal gland expression. I don't have that much money left..
He keeps trying to lick his butt, seems super irritated and itchy.
When he walks, he cries and tries to sit back down.
I genuinely don't know what else it could be..
Bansh33
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2017, 11:05 PM
I should also mention that before we were seen at the vet, my father took him out to go to the bathroom and clear liquid came out of him. The vet said that was probably from his anal glands but I'm unsure.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately, you are not going to get reliable information on the net on this one. It truly is one for the vet and it's obvious your boy is suffering