Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Have you had pups before? Looks like she has a nice round belly there. Is that after she has eaten or do you think she may need wormng? Just a thought, don't be offended.
not offended at all no never had a pup before she has just been wormed when we where collecting her they showed us how to do it
xx
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2016, 08:52 AM
her bloat has gone down now
she is so good house trained already so proud x
russhw
New Member!
Male 

12-09-2016, 08:15 PM
as far as housebreaking the people at the shelter suggested you leave the leash on them for awhile its a lot easier to get to when they start going you can give them a quick correction and get them outside quicker.
it worked quite well for me plus if they're getting into something or if someone is at the door you dont have look for the leash and it gets them use to the leash itself and remember she is a puppy there will be accidents
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Have you had pups before? Looks like she has a nice round belly there. Is that after she has eaten or do you think she may need wormng? Just a thought, don't be offended.
she did have worms they are all coming out in her poo also i saw a flea on her so treated for that sprayed all the house well spotted thanks x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by C.J View Post
she did have worms they are all coming out in her poo also i saw a flea on her so treated for that sprayed all the house well spotted thanks x
O gosh, that's not good, especially with you having a toddler. It is a long time since I had puppies, but from memory they should be wormed by the breeder at least once with a reputable pharmaceutical quality wormer such as Panacur or Drontal and then again every couple of weeks until I think it was around 3 or 4 months of age? I am sure your vet will have advised you and there are many peeps on here who are far more expert and up to date with the latest puppy husbandry!

Personally I like to interfere medically with my dog as little as possible, choosing not to vaccinate him each year, but worming is one thing I am religious about as I have a young grandson. Ben is wormed as an adult of 11 years every 8-12 weeks.

Sweet puppy btw!
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 03:46 PM
thanks i know the breeder said they did it hmmmm
anyway i moved the poo straight away and try to keep the kids away from the pup impossible with little ones though
hope that's the end of it and i can keep ontop of it
i always worry what of my kids catch worms or something but hopefully everything will be good from now on
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Mother should be wormed from day 40 until birth of puppies, then puppies wormed at 2, 5 and 8 weeks. I have never in my life seen any of my puppies produce worms in their poo, so I would be very doubtful that either the pups or their mum were wormed to be honest.
I would say Panacur Liquid Guard is the best one to use with a puppy that age.
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2016, 04:51 PM
i bet they where not done at all
the worms in the poo was disgusting but she is so much better running around happy tail wagging x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Worm her again, what did you worm her with, because it is not usual for worms to appear in the poo after worming because the worming liquid disolves them. Keep up a regular routine so as to destroy the cysts inside the gut which develop into worms.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Yuk I am so pleased I mentioned it. Go to your vet for wormers not pet shop. Hopefully the vet will give you a multi wormer eg round as well as tape.
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »