Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 07:22 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, March 21

Good morning everyone, so much for spring doesn't look much like it out there. Quite chilly too. Very grey and clouded over.

LG, Glad you are keeping Scout think you would have missed her if she had gone and I think she would probably have found her way back to you. Had to laugh at Tess and her cunning sandwich snitching and blaming it on Fagon.

Lynn, Glad you got your arch up is going to look lovely when covered in blooms.

Amber is all behind this morning not had her breakfast yet. but I must get her out for her walk.

Have a good day everyone, hope all two and four legged friends are all ok this morning. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Morning all, beautiful morning....... so far

Hope you are all well, I will try to get back later x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Aaaaah scout wants to stay am not surprised. at Tess and her sandwich antics.

Chilly but bright here Maybe not today but possibly tomorrow I will be out cutting back all the dead wood off the climbers ready to train them up the new arch.

Did anyone see Tom hollander in the series Rev ? That was the first time I saw him on television and I find it very weird watching him in the night manager because he was a very kind forgiving vicar bit like Dr. Thorne.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Not very warm here either, dry and grey. Girls will go out in an hour or so, having my own breakfast after sorting them out,and spraying them. Lona and Mabs not happy about the spraying and Zen ran away and hid. If it keeps those horrid tick things at bay till everything comes I've ordered they'll have to put up with it. Am going to look for the Rose Geranium, Lynn. Found it on ebay if I get stuck, but I may be able to find it this end.
Came over really tired last night and went to sleep almost immediately, then woke up a couple of times in the night. One of my friends is going through a pretty bad patch at the moment, was suicidal and talking about pills and bottles of vodka the other night. Managed to talk her round from that one, but the last few days have been pretty wearing phonewise. Things at last turned a corner yesterday and there is light at the end of the tunnel and she's feeling more positive, I'm like a wet rag after all the emotional ups and downs, think I needed the sleep.
Had to giggle at Tess trying to make sure Fagin got the blame for her sandwich theft
Hope you're feeling OK this morning Nippy.
Moyra, wouldn't blame you for going back to bed for a couple of hours after Amber's had her walk and then breakfast, its that sort of morning.Hey at least we don't have to get up and go to work,we can just turn over,pull the duvet over our heads and get another hour in
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Morning All - Hope your walk went well Moyra, June's idea of a return to bed might just be a good option on this dismal, grey day.
Flying visit from Nippy - hope all is well with you and you can get back later.
Lynn - no need to worry about the confusion with Tom Hollander - he got himself killed off last night. Hope pruning and trimming go well.
June - awful that thing with your friend it must be taking it's toll on you - perhaps you should try a nanny nap or two and extra bacon butties to regenerate. I wouldn't know where to start with someone like that - think I'd probably unwittingly cause more harm than good.
Today sees me bound for a huge garden centre over on the Yorkshire side where Giant Double Begonias are the order of the day and a general poke about - before their stocks are depleted by the Easter rush. Apparently we also need lots of sweet pea seeds as the ones saved from last year's flowers have been nibbled by a little woodmouse over the winter and there's only husks and mouse poo left in a box that should have contained about 800 seeds! Perhaps next year Wilf will store them in a tin and not a wooden box! Grrr!
Have a good day everyone, bye fer now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Morning all. Welll Gordon that was good wasn't it. The Night Manager wonder what the outcome will be? Might read the book now and see what they have left out. Sunny here and not much doing. Except off to the vets again this afternoon with Tyto as he has a spot come back after I had got rid of them all. Have a good afternoon all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Good morning

Hope Amber enjoyed her late walk Moyra

Hope y0u and Brian are doing ok Nippy

Lol at Tess and her antics. Had a friend with Afghans who eventually found the culprit for the stealing of cooked tongues and it was the one she thought it wouldn't be I don't blame Scount for wanting to stay with you Gordon she knows which side er bread is buttered

Hope the vet can sort Tyto out Brenda.

Good the arch is now up and cemented in Lynn I bet it will look nice this summer.

Dull here. Teazle walked, bread made and the monthly shop done and put away. Dinner now on and having a quick coffee. Have yet to catch up on The Night Manager will try that later. I am enjoying it.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Spent the morning resanding the brick drive now the sand has dried out enough. I was surprised how much more sand it took seeing i had gone over it before. Now waiting for computer photo editing program to come so i can really get my head around it. These trial programs only give a taster of what they can do.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone, did go back to bed for an hour then had the Tesco delivery. I have since walked Amber but to be honest could do with another hour in bed. She is eating well although this morning had to throw out one of her chicken portions she decided she didn't want. The local cats or the fox will take it. I am going to have a siesta for an hour, take care all, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Afternoon all
had a lovely start to the day...beautiful sunshine, got a little ironing done ad might contemplate washing some clothes Lol
Lynn, i saw Rev...i loved that series, so very very funny...i might see if i can see that online Lol
watched a film yesterday called the water diviner, Russell Crowe ...was very very good, a chap goes of to galipoli after the first world war to find his 3 sons, i have fixed my Firestick problem..it was the internet signal and we now have a booster and it is fabulous
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >