View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Malka, I guess u would have to let the animals free to eat each other ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Well no, because taking it to its (sort of) logical conclusion, we would have also got rid of all herbivores as they would be 'taking up' land which could be used to grow crops on. that leaves us with fish, birds and insects, then again, some birds are meat eaters, and there'd be nothing for them to eat, and some birds are grain and seed eaters, and they would be eating our food, so we wouldn't want them about either. We meat eaters are doing the world and animals a favour in ensuring their survival.
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I love all animals and I did go completely vegetarian a few years ago, but it got so complicated as my husband enjoys meat, so cooking two meals seemed to take ages and so much washing up!! I also suffer with IBS (very badly at times) and my tummy just cannot take too much fibre and eating vegetarian means more fibre as even quorn is high in fibre. Also, if I start eating cheese (which I love) my IBS flares up again. If I stopped eating meat again cheese would have to be on the menu as it gives you the protein we need.
I would like to become vegetarian but I KNOW that my tummy would never cope with loads of fruit, vegetables, nuts and pulses.
I hasten to add that we still have vegetarian meals about twice a week as I don't like eating meat every day. I NEVER eat any red meat as I hate it but I do eat free range chicken/turkey and fish.
Just a thought but I wonder why gorillas are vegetarians and the human race are not?
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I'd still love to know what kingpit feeds there dogs.something that's been asked a few time ,but no reply.
But it is ture if we didn't eat meat we would still get rid of cows and sheep for eating grass land we could be using for grain .very good point there tawny wolf .
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm not just talking cows and sheep, I'm talking ANY animal that eats grass or grain, deer up to elephants. AND if you were vegan, Twigs, then you wouldn't be eating dairy either. Doubtless Kingpit's fathers dog, is on some grain based food.
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I couldn't go vegan as I love eggs too much!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2014, 05:28 PM
I love animals just as much as the next person, but I really feel we should be looking more at how the animals we eventually eat, or those that supply us with milk and eggs for instance, lead their lives and also the manner of their deaths. Campaigning for people to stop eating their meat or their products can only lead to these animals no longer existing at all, if we all jumped on the bandwagon that is. Ensuring they do not lead a life of pain or misery and meet a fear free end is surely the way to go
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes I don't buy eggs unless there free range ,I'd never eat veal ,and I don't like eating fish unless it's line caught , not dragged in buy some bloody big huler , mind u them man risk there life fishing,
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2014, 06:56 PM
This may be somewhat controversial as well, but I don't see the point in being vegan. I have chickens. I love my chickens wholeheartedly. They're called Violet, Blanche and Norma. They lay eggs. If I didn't eat them then I'm just being ungrateful as far as I'm concerned. I hate to see one wasted. I figure they spend time and effort laying them and if ever I find one cracked, or even worse I drop one. I just feel dreadful. All that time and effort for nothing! I just don't understand being vegan!?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Gm I think you have been rather harsh in your comment. Telling someone to sod off doesn't cover you in glory IMHO. Everyone's ideal world is different and life's one big learning process. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >