Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:10 AM

help! lots of bumps

Just woke up to find buster stb covered in lumps he dosent seam to bothered tho, he was due to be de flead a few days ago but i forgot i have the stuff in the cupboard, anyone got any ideas. thanks
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
An allergic reaction perhaps? Has he eaten anything out of the ordinary, or contacted anything different in the environment? Flea allergy usually presents as an itchy, red patch/patches, often on the back at the base of the tail. I would not use any flea treatment until you have a better idea of what the lumps may be.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:54 AM
What do the bumps look like? could you give some details? Archie seems to be allergic to flea bites and if he gets bitten he gets these small lumpy sores which he eventually itche so much that they go scabby. is this what they look like? Check in the middle of the lump to see if something bit him.

If you can't figure out what it is, I would ring your vet...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2005, 08:25 AM
If the lumps are caused by an allergy and look like like nettle rash (urticaria) in humans, the lumps will be raised bumps under the skin and have no heads unlike flea/insect bites which have a head .They may require treatment with antihistamine from the vet, also if a dog has an allergy to something next time it meets that 'thing' the reaction could be more severe. Amy had an allergy once when we were on holiday..I could actually see the rash coming up before my eyes and her head had a swollen appearance ..we never found the cause the vet thought it might be plant related but I always keep Atarax (antihistamine tablets from the vets) in the house in case it happens again.
G.e.m
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2005, 08:29 AM
about a month ago lumps appeared all over my dog, really quickly i might add, i was pretty concerned and took her to the vets who said it was just an allergic reaction and dogs being dogs I would most likely never find out what the reaction was to, but it did put my mind at rest, I was giving loads of pills and potions which made it go away, it began to come back once since and i bathed her, as i assumed it was probably something on her skin not something she ate and it turns out i was right as it went away. Saying all this Cleo was upset by it as her skin was quite pink and it was obviously sore cos she hated being touched.

I hope you find out what it is, as i know from experience how distressing it can be...

Gem.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 09:12 AM
sounds like what bruno has - allergic reaction - very common in staffies - is it mostly underneath ??

if its really bothering her you could try a steriod shot fromthe vets - the most recent reaction bruno ohad was a reaction to harvest mites - so suggest you frontline all over ( especially feet) and then justput aloevera or something similar on the lumps. Also a bath is always a good way to calm bruno's skin down

this link might help - are these the same type of lumps ???
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/how...eas_15983.html

dani