View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:23 PM

How often do you wash your dogs bedding/toys/chew/bowls?

I wash Jins bowls everyday, using boiling water (metal bowls) and scrubbings.....occasionally using squeezy soap and rinsing well.

I just washed a bunch of her blankies and soft toys with scolding water as they were beginning to smell.....

Her vet bed for her crate has arrived and I am thinking of getting one or two more (one in wash, one spare type thing).

How often, and with what, do you wash your doggy things?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
I wash Jins bowls everyday, using boiling water (metal bowls) and scrubbings.....occasionally using squeezy soap and rinsing well.

I just washed a bunch of her blankies and soft toys with scolding water as they were beginning to smell.....

Her vet bed for her crate has arrived and I am thinking of getting one or two more (one in wash, one spare type thing).

How often, and with what, do you wash your doggy things?

Stainless steel bowls (when used) post each use, with hot water and fairy liquid.

They have Tuffies Waterproof beds so do not harbour smells, dirt, parasties etc. Washed outside under the hose weekly.

All toys are rubber etc so go under hose weekly
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Bowls, after each meal.
Bed, once a week or as necessary.
Toys..... ehem when I think of it However they never last long enough to wash
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Ceramic bowls (mason cash) and kongs/leo toy go in the dishwasher once a week...

Bedding as and when really... they have vet bed and fleece blankets, so they just get washed/hoovered as necessary
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Food bowls as used, water bowls every day - hot soapy water and rinsed.

Bedding washed once a week. Kongs steam cleaned after use and toys if they last that long

Mud splattered harnesses and hi-viz jackets - never out the machine

Take care.

Seoniad.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Food bowls - after every use. Water bowl - every day. Both with hot water and Fairy liquid. Bowls are all stainless steel.

Bedding as and when neccessary, but it's not every week. My dogs don't smell and neither does their bedding. The bedding probably would though if it wasn't washed! Bedding is washed with non-bio powder/liquid and sensitive/pure fabric softener. Collars also washed and changed every couple of months.

Car bedding changed every one to two weeks or as and when necessary.

Toys - rubber etc ones cleaned as necessary, soft toys (without squeakers/animals noises) wiped over occasionally and plain, old soft toys washed as neccessary, too. No set rule for them.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Collars also washed and changed every couple of months.
Do you rotate several, or buy new?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Do you rotate several, or buy new?
Rotate a few different ones. Buy new every couple of months? Are you mad? They are all the Red Dingo/Rogz nylon ones and wash up well. They just get slung in the machine with a load of washing in a little cotton bag my gran made specifically for collars and leads.

ETA: I considered buying them new collars for their holidays but I only bought new ones at Crufts in March so didn't bother! Just washed and dried them and put them back on!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Rotate a few different ones. Buy new every couple of months? Are you mad? They are all the Red Dingo/Rogz nylon ones and wash up well. They just get slung in the machine with a load of washing in a little cotton bag my gran made specifically for collars and leads.
Teehee!

I sling the boys Rogz in a net bag technically for washing bras etc in, that I found in the kitchen...
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Teehee!

I sling the boys Rogz in a net bag technically for washing bras etc in, that I found in the kitchen...
That's a good idea. My gran has also made a bag for bras, too! She's obssessed ever since we got a wire stuck in the machine......oh, the noise! Sounded like a machine gun!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >