View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2011, 04:08 AM
If I were you I'd put a collar on her whilst she's in the house. She'll get used to it very quickly although the houdini routine will make you giggle for a while first. This way, when it comes to lead training to go out for a walk (I'd recommend practising in the house an drea rgarden first before going out into the big, wide world) things will be far easier.

If you put in a trailing lead with no handle once your pup is used to her collar she'll hardly notice it. without a handle it shouldn't get caught on anything and this way if you need to encourage her a little bit or want her to follow you somewhere it's far easier if you're attached to her with a lead.
It's not a permanent solution but it will work to begin with and then once she's sussed where she's supposed to go and when/what for, you can remove it.
Also, once she's used to a collar in the house, she doesn't ave to wear one all the time - that's your choice.
Just make sure you comply with the legal requirements of a collar an dID tag with your details when she's out in public.

This won't be bombarding your girl with too much training. She'll get used to it without realising that she's learning all the time and you'll be surprised how easy it can be.

As already stated by someon else - we've all been there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2