Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 01:26 PM

Dog walking bag - ideas?

When I walk Hollie, sometimes i just put a few poo bags in my pocket and just take mobile and keys.

Sometimes I take the bumbag I bought last year which has allsorts of things in - lots of poo bags, compact binoculars, multi-tool, a few first aid things etc etc. Basically this is my dog walking bag. I don't put it round my waist in cold/wet weather as over a coat it makes it too tight, and under one kind of defeats the object!! I tend to have it over my shoulder.

I am thinking of getting a ruck sack/back pack, then thought of an across the body type thing. It needs to have pockets for keys, phone, treats etc.

What do you use? Any recommendations?
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:09 PM
how about a camera bag?? We have one which cost £60 but it has loads of compartments and is desiged to go across your back then unclip and slip around your waste!.

this is ours
http://www.jessops.com/Store/s34700/...s.aspx?&comp=n
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a little mini rucksack thing.. which I paid about £5 for at a local market.. Its really small..but has lots of pockets for treats and poo bags.. it has a little loop on the top of it.. which I put a carabiner in.. and then I can hook it onto either..my walkybelt, the dogs lead handle.. jeans belt loop or the zip loop of my jacket pocket

Or what about this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Treat-Toy-...em170022013604
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 02:59 PM
i have one of those ......they are good little bags
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 03:02 PM
I too use a bum bag but also just sling it over my shoulder. As well as the usual treats, poo bags, mobile phone etc I also have an emergency fiver stashed away in there just in case my walk should take me past any shops that sell chocolate.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Thankyou for those ideas - I saw the dog tour treat bag (or whatever it is called!) when browsing earlier.

With Hollie up the park just now I had the idea of using an old laptop case shoulder strap to convert my bumbag into an across the body bag, but it is too short - I am quite tall - so will maybe forget that idea!

I would prefer an acoss the body bag I think, did find a good one online earlier, but it is american, prefer to buy online from here is possible.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Kev has taken the laptop case strap, and attached it to the original waist strap so is now long enough to be across the body but can still be adjusted to us as a bumbag. Isn't he clever!

I think this is to try and persuade me not to buy a new bag!!!:smt042
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I only carry the things that I can get in my pockets!! Leads are slung around my shoulder, whistle around my neck and thumb stick in my hand (where else!).

Car keys, poo bags and, when I remember it, mobile phone and camera all manage to go in my pockets. Anything else and my daughter can carry it!!!!!!!
sooty
New Member!
Female 

23-10-2006, 06:04 PM
http://www.furbabies.co.uk/product_i...roducts_id/159 This bum bag is great for dog walking!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I tend to use a bum bag, but do find it isn't big enough when I want to do training and free running as Saturn needs a flexi with us then (due to his selective recall!!!!)

You can get kids rucksacks can't you??? Would one of them work???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >