View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Quite disapointed in myself but do you think this is rude?

Ok, well tbh had bad news and so wasnt the best time but I went to the kiosk (which is pretty tiny) and was in the que with my dog. Anyway the guy in front turned round to leave so I told the dog 'in' and he sat in front of me, now it is tiny and he is big but there was room for the guy to step round. Anyway, he just stood there and looked down and so I said to him you can go (sometimes people are wary of the breed unless I say...) so then he just says 'you can just go out' well after what had just happened, I just said wont kill you as I walked past, he says I dont care, I dont like dogs, so I said 'good for you' what I should have said was maybe you should think about the words 'excuse me' anyway, I went back in and the only other guy there was the guy working on the counter (who obviously witnessed/heard this) and he was very friendly (considering I think its his kiosk..) and was asking the dogs age and breed...

but anyway, I think if it wasnt for stress I wouldnt have lost my cool so quickly but I do get a bit protective of my boy and fed up with this attitude of if someone has a dog you tell them to go instead of using manners, but then I didnt exactly use my own did I

So Im not excusing my own behaviour but dont you think its so rude to tell someone to 'just go out' when you could easily say, wouldnt you mind... or excuse me...?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
We all have bad days - just forget it. Next time, if there is a next time, you might not be having a bad day..Loads of people could say things differently - doesn't make you a good or a bad person.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't think you had a bad day, just a bad experience

Rude git!

x0x
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
thanks SLB, I'm mad at myself for reacting like that but just get so fed up with the attitude he gets - on the other hand folk on the bus liked him I just think people can be so rude but I'm annoyed and dissapointed in myself for losing it like that too.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
thanks SLB, I'm mad at myself for reacting like that but just get so fed up with the attitude he gets - on the other hand folk on the bus liked him I just think people can be so rude but I'm annoyed and dissapointed in myself for losing it like that too.
Well if I'm ever in Fife or you're in Notts - you can be sure he'd get a hug off me - I love Dobes - in fact my OH said his next dog was going to be a Dobe, GSD or a Rottie. Personally I would prefer the Dobe option.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well if I'm ever in Fife or you're in Notts - you can be sure he'd get a hug off me - I love Dobes - in fact my OH said his next dog was going to be a Dobe, GSD or a Rottie. Personally I would prefer the Dobe option.
Well, I can honestly say I don't see myself changing breeds testing as a teen but worth every bit and more
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Well, I can honestly say I don't see myself changing breeds testing as a teen but worth every bit and more
Oh I love all the 3 breeds. But having helped my neighbour with 2 rotties - one totally possessive and I got bitten quite a lot, love GSD's but the aloofness puts me off and after meeting a couple of Dobes on our park - I fell in love.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh I love all the 3 breeds. But having helped my neighbour with 2 rotties - one totally possessive and I got bitten quite a lot, love GSD's but the aloofness puts me off and after meeting a couple of Dobes on our park - I fell in love.
The other thing with that 'situation' was that my dogs not well with interdigital cysts and they were really sore...so I had reason for not having him turning about etc but the guy wouldnt have known that I suppose. DOnt get me wrong, he is perfectly entitled not to like dogs but I still think although I was wrong too, he was just rude, all he had to say was 'excuse me'

anyway..
Dobes can be a bit aloof too but usually just to strangers or someone they dont trust, which isnt a bad thing tbh IMHO, with family and friends they are about as soppy as you can get! People laugh at the sight of mine trying to sit on my knee, pushing his head under my arm....and if you come to the house, if he likes you he will sit on your knee, if not he will sit where he wants (not on your knee) should see the looks we get when we bump into family in the street, he gets sooo happy and excited lol
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm just being Devil's advocate here but maybe he was too scared to pass that close, rather than meaning to be rude, but didn't want to appear a wuss and admit that?

But we do all have bad days, and we do all have occasions when we feel we could have handled something differently with the benefit of hindsight
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2011, 08:48 PM
oh, he didnt used to like the buses but a good bit of +R over a few trips sorted that and now he is anything but aloof on the bus, will go to anyone that wants him lol maybe even try to stick his nose in a bag of someone who dosnt lol (all special goodies on the bus are for him you know)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >