Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:15 AM

Left to die at one day old.

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/mediacen...iesappeal.aspx

Dogs Trust Leeds is urgently appealing for canine foster mums to help care for a litter of eight puppies (five boys and three girls) that were abandoned at just one day old. The puppies still had their umbilical cords attached when they were found in a cardboard box behind a Yorkshire cinema complex on Friday.

Over the past five days the puppies have been given round-the-clock care by Dogs Trust staff. Sadly, one of the puppies died overnight, but the charity now hopes to find two or three canine mothers who are already nursing small litters to take on the pups between them. The doggy foster mums would need to nurse them alongside their own puppies for six to eight weeks, until they are old enough to be weaned. They would then be taken back to the Rehoming Centre where staff will continue to look after them until loving new homes can be found.

Amanda Sands, Manager of Dogs Trust Leeds Rehoming Centre, explains:

“We are truly appalled that someone could abandon these defenceless puppies and leave them to die in a cardboard box.

We’re desperate for anyone whose dog might be able to nurse a few more puppies to contact us. Provided the potential foster mothers are happy to let the extra pups feed from them, they will need to stay together for six to eight weeks.

The team and I are very optimistic that the British public will come to these poor little creatures’ rescue.”

Dogs Trust is also concerned for the puppies’ mother as she will be confused and in great distress at having ‘lost’ her babies. The charity is urging her owner to take her to a vet to ensure she is given the medical care needed.

Anyone whose dog might be a suitable foster mum should contact Dogs Trust Leeds on 0113 281 4920. The Rehoming Centre would also like to hear from any members of the public who are interested in caring for other puppies that are in need throughout the year.

Dogs Trust is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity and cares for over 16,000 stray and abandoned dogs each year through its network of 17 Rehoming Centres across then UK
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Thats awful

Im sure people will come forward though, fingers crossed they all make it xxxx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Awww thsoe poor things, I wish I could help them out! People are such idiots!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Poor puppies. I hope they find some foster mums soon. I hope the mum of the litter is ok too!
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't live far from the Leeds Dog Trust so I will post this story on my FB as most of my contacts are Yorkshire based dog owners so hopefully some one will be able to help
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 12:15 PM
aw how awful I hope people come forward.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
so sad im glad they were found. and RIP to the little one who didnt survive
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
so cruel

Big up to Leeds Dog's trust though, can anyone take a guess at what breed, well, size at least they might be? I can't find this info anywhere, I'm just thinking, wouldn't this be important to bitches taking them on? Or not?
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh Poor babies and Mum How sick are some humans
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
so cruel

Big up to Leeds Dog's trust though, can anyone take a guess at what breed, well, size at least they might be? I can't find this info anywhere, I'm just thinking, wouldn't this be important to bitches taking them on? Or not?
I would have thought so, however if they are so small/ young sometimes it is hard to tell....

Poor wee souls
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >