Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 06:37 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

..... from a very windy East Sussex, it's getting quite scarey out there now as it whips around the whole house, the huge fir trees outside are swaying around violently, whilst the other tall trees are bending in half, yes, it's really, really bad down on the south coast I can tell you that

Overnight we've had torrential rain and wind, but nothing like the wind we've got now, so if you think those weather forecasters were lying, hang on to yer hats, cos it's on the way up to you now.

Dave left at 5.30 but it wasn't quite as bad then, so I'm worrying about his journey to work which is 70 miles along the coast road. His workplace is about an hour away from where winds of 90 mph are being recorded on the Isle of Wight.

Jen, how bad is it down your way, but I expect you've had the tail end of it by now, which they say might actually be the worst bit to come.

Stay safe everyone, it's looking dangerous out there, and if you haven't got it, it will be with you so stay safe today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2013, 06:49 AM

My thoughts are with everyone caught by the storms and I hope you will all be safe. From what I have seen and read so far it is really frightening and I worry for everyone who has/is/will be caught up.

Sending as many "Keep Safe" {{{vibes}}} to you all as I can muster.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning H and all,

Getting scary here now too H, I am surprised we still have power and the sky is still working too so I am able to get weather updates.
I just tried to walk out my back door and literally got blown backwards, its picking up all the time. its going to be fun trying to get to work. Its making an awfull deep roaring noise as it circles the house.
Stay safe anyone who is affected. maximum gusts recorded so far is 99 mph.

This is one time I am pleased i don't have to try and get a dog out for a walk.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Morning Malka and Bev. A few minutes ago it all died down and I actually had a blue sky out there, but now it's darkening up again and the wind is getting up, so it looks like that might have been the eye of the storm and now we're in for another battering.

Yes Bev, some of those gusts whipping around the house causing a sort of *bang* indoors doesn't it Thankfully, Zena isn't even considering a walk yet, she's gone back to bed, she's a wise girl. I can't possibly go in the woods, nor can I got up on the clifftops for fear of being blown over the edge, but they reckon it could have left us by 9 am. I do hope all the beautiful trees in the woods have surived this battering.

Have a safe journey to work Bev and be carefull when you open that door cos that's when you can lose your roof. There have been lots of power cuts here in the south but it all ended at Brighton which is half an hour away from me, so I'm hoping I don't lose mine.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Malka, bet its calm and warm where you are this morning
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Bev - because it is warn and calm here make me feel even more so for all of you who are affected.

I was not in England during the storm of 1987 [I think that was the last bad one] but I will never forget seeing, or rather not-seeing, the trees and things that were there before I left two years earlier but were not there when I went back for my first and only visit in 1991.

And as I felt for everyone then, so I feel for everyone now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Wooo I don't like this wind. It only really started as violently
at about 6.20. There are three large trees that are down which are visible from our house so goodness knows what the road out of the estate (which goes between) a wooded area will be like. Just this second our neighbour phoned to say the single lane bridge off our stretch is blocked. OH just walked up and its a massive ash treet (60' ish) totally blocking the bridge and road and also a massive willow blocking going right across the River Bourne by our house. He's taken photos on his camera so will put them up later. My OH can't do it by himself so he's phoning other neighbours with chainsaws too.

I hope everyone is safe.Lots of telephone lines down here but ours still intact (obviously ).

Be back later providing we still have our lines. For our area the worse will be over by 9.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Thinking of you all during this storm
Take extra care and stay safe huge hugs to everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Jenny, sounds bad at your end too then, it's moving swiftly they tell us, and although I get glimpses of blue sky, it's not long before it starts all over again. I've managed to get Zena out in the garden during the lulls, but she wasn't too keen when the wind was howling and booming around the house.

My trees are still all intact, but then of course, these trees are being sheltered by all the other trees over in the woods, I can see those bending over sometimes I bet there'll be lots of devastation when I eventually get in those woods later on.

I can't get hold of Dave, tried work, where he should have arrived by now and also his mobile, but both phones just keep ringing Still got phone and power here too, thank God.

Try and get some pics later please Jenny, and stay safe, I bet the boys don't want to go out in the garden either do they.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Helena and everyone

I feel for you all, I hope you all stay safe in this horrendous weather. We seem to be missing it this time.

Off to work so I'll be back later.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »