Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 10:41 PM

Patch,(Welsh Prince),Greyhound, DOB 05.10.05

Patch,(Welsh Prince),Greyhound, DOB 05.10.05

His Story: Patch is an ex-racer with 33 races on his record with 5 firsts to declare. He gained his retirement in Oct through a cruelty case filed against his owner because of the poor conditions he and his friends were kept in.

Salient points: Small male greyhound. Has enjoyed foster and adapted very well to family life, developing good skills considering kennelled background and will need to build further. Good with dogs and people, but not for cats or small furries. It may be sometime before he proves his trust off lead outside.

Advert: Now's your chance has come to own 'the Prince of Wales' known as Patch to his friends! Called Welsh Prince, this Prince from Wales did his racing at Reading. He is an elegant "Grey" born 05 October 05. He has enjoyed a short foster when he was neutered and vax'd whilst awaiting a rescue place. He was a winner of 5 races and he'll be a winner again. He proved himself to be very adaptable living with a female Grey and showed himself to be calm, steady and a friendly boy.

Patch is captivating to behold, graceful in his movement. The day after he arrived the kennel owner called us to share her pure delight at seeing Patch running in the snow and having a 'ball'. His family will admire and guide him through into retirement which keeps a smile on his face and puts a sparkle in his eyes.

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Why oh why do "people" treat these beautiful dogs so badly?

Sometimes I hate the human race

Hope you find the home you deserve very soon, you are just gorgeous!

x0x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Patch was easy to walk again today He is still wearing his coat to keep him warm at the moment. Greyhounds have very little body fat and really can feel the cold more than other dogs.

He walked nicely past the other dogs in kennels and was calm passing a spaniel at a reasonable distance. He didn't react either when he had other dogs walked past him.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-02-2010, 11:23 PM
An update on Patch from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Patch is really showing his character now Loves to play ball with the kennel staff and is also very ticklish He was very pleased to have a walk and briefly bounced like a kangaroo before settling into his sedate walking style. He is such a lovely boy and would make an excellent first greyhound either on his own or with a girlfriend or two. A couple of walks a day and a run in the garden is all he needs for exercise. He seems to already relate well to other dogs as well which is a bonus. He has been in a foster home so also has a good idea about home life. So much going for this boy - I do hope his new owners find him soon “!

Patch had a wonderful walk and run in the spring sun today

Our Welsh Prince is very ROYAL; easy to walk, but brakes on when he bursts into flight ... he will whistle down the wind...

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 11:25 PM
ooh isnt he handsome - come on hope Nippy has seen this - he would be the perfect match for Mo dont you think????
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 11:28 PM
oh poor boy i hate when people treat animals like this, poor boy ran for them and they treat him like that... sickening!

he is gorgeous and i hope he finds his forever home soon!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Hes so Handsome, I really hope he gets his forever home which he so rightly deserves xxxxxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-03-2010, 05:12 PM
An update from Lynne who walked Patch yesterday:

"Patch was delighted to welcome me through his front door yesterday with his collar and lead in hand. He 'jumps for joy' and then gleefully showed me the way out and was greeted by "oh whow oooos" as he was met by 2 greyhound fans who nearly took him home to join their 2 lurchers! Off we sped on our walk.

Greyhounds are just so easy to walk beside as they smell, then look, then smell and they are on a scent..then they stand again to gaze into the distance. Your eyes follow as you know they are tuned into some distant bird or just waiting for some hint of movement. Patch is so graceful and his character is divine.

Always wanted to help a retired racer..we have helped 3 Greys in the past two were homed as pups; the other was a retired racer, but coming out of its home. Having had so many lurchers through my home at last the magnificant...here before me a Welsh Prince to behold"!

Its been a long road to find your home Patch; are we nearly there?

Patch is waiting for his forever home to find him!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Patch and Lynne took refuge from the sleet yesterday ... he was a little reluctant to come out of our warm van! Who could blame him!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Beautiful boy, very handsome hope he finds a nice home
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >