Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi all
Just warming some Rhubarb crumble and custard, leftovers such a Shane to waste it lol bit naughty, diet seems to be out of the window
I can cope with others eating fish, just don't like it myself just don't tell my customers seeing as I work on the meat & fish counter
When I've eaten my pud I'm off to my friends, see you all later
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Malka, you need to rest as soon as you are able.

Nippy Jen am I on the list? Sure there was a mention of pie but love a roast!
Brixham fish sounds delish! Years since I've been there...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 12:36 PM
We seem to be inundated just lately with lots of strays. I hope some of them seem to be hopeful of a forever home.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Afternoon
Never believe what happened this morning Got in the car with youngest and Lace for the school run and who was heading right onto my front garden for a pee?. ..Duncan,of course Never came that far before,bleedin typical though,was strapped for time Left the car running on the road,got out,grabbed Lacey from the back seat,carried her onto the drive,the boyo slowing following behind.Headed to the side to open the back gate,leaves him out of view for about 5 secs,opened it and popped my head around the wall to take a look and off he scarpered Was seriously peeved at that,but had to head on or Leah would have been late
Have been at the Orthodonist all morning,brace removal day!! She's all delighted and her teeth look fab.Another appointment in the morning to have her retainer fitted for a month
NIP JEN,no roast for me,Thankyou,I'll just have potatoes and veg please
LYNN,that poor girl Thank goodness you are looking out for her xx
MOYRA, interested with the fleece idea,do I cover the whole plant with it?Sorry,am a bit thick
GRIFF,your parents cancelled their holiday to Portugal?...wow how sweet are they Sounds like the baby girl is keeping you on your toes,don't forget to have a rest,you'll wear yourself out
MALKA(( hugs)) to Pereg,bless her
That's about as much as my memory bank will allow,so big hi to everyone else,hope your day is going well
Off to take the Princess out,hopefully we'll meet up with 'Mr.I like you,but I don't want to live with you'!! Like to get a chance in before school's are out otherwise the estate gets a bit nosey for him and he'll stay away.
Will see you all later,love you guys
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh,how could I forget my twin MANDY,enjoy your day off...nice one xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 12:56 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh flippinheck Lacey, well at least Duncan seems to have sussed that you are friendly, now i know you like me don't eat meat but my friend tracks dogs that are on the run with her dog, she swears by a bbq if you know the dog is hanging about...usually early in the morning (as i assume it is quieter??) and the dogs can't resist the smell. I know a couple of years back there was a GSD on the run round here, she went from one side of the city to another outwitting the DW's and all us trying to catch her, i ended up with a dog bed outside my back gate and a bowl of dog food down... she actually had an owner who would race to where she had been seen but she refused to go to him or anyone, she did eventually get caught
Mandy, you have made me crave custard now Lol
Moyra, you are right there are tonnes of strays about, looking out our dw's [a social network] page is awful... our pup is staying, i knew once my dad saw her that would be that Lol big soft eejit..well both him and my mum, she will be getting her vaccinations done tomorrow, wormers fleaing etc and then getting chipped on her second jabs
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Eileen, I have just ordered some more fleece off amazon, less than a £5 for what I need. But yes plants that cannot take a frost need to be either taken into a greenhouse, conservatory or covered with plenty of fleece to keep the frost off. I cover my tender plants not only with fleece but also plastic if necessary. I have some cloches which are plastic covered hoops and stretch quite a length, I think I may have got them off amazon as well, had them a couple of years or so.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Griff that is wonderful news that Dazzle or whatever you are going to call her is going to stay. What are you going to call her? Daz sounds a lovely name for a white dog! She is beautiful.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Yipeeee The puppy gets to stay Brilliant,what a great home she has,doesn't know she's living Aww,that's just made my day GRIFF.Comes in three's doesn't it?Lets hope the Duncan saga will be fab news number 2 or 3,don't mind which Great idea with the BBQ,all others eat meat,so I have a stockpile,be no problem to pop some of that on in the morning.Neighbours won't phone the men in white coats,not sure anything surprises them anymore,they are used to me
MOYRA,will order some fleece then,Thankyou so much Save a fortune really just by wrapping them up and
protecting them,So,money well spent really
Been paying bills online Who loves doing that Think wee Lace has waited long enough,so we'll head out
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Absolutely gorgeous sunny day here, very blue sky, have taken 2 shifts down to the river and they've had a wonderful time. I took Lona and Mabs down 2nd shift and a couple of the blokes who work at the mill had come over the wall with their folding chairs and were sat reading the paper and having their butties. So they started playing with the girls, throwing their ball into the water and then they threw stones, and Mabs (daft as a brush) was dashing in after them, I took some piccies, no idea how they'll turn out. Wondering if they'll do that thing where they transfer themselves onto my photobucket account. I'm have a cup of tea and cheese and tomato on a piece of baguette, all windows open, back door open, just like a summer day. I think I'll be packing a cossie for the Nippy Sunday Lunch trip, as a bikini would scare even the sea off!! Anyone want a lift from t'Norf on my way down there. I like most things Nips, just not any curry type or spicy food, English food is what I like. You best get 2 shopping trolleys, maybe hitch a trailer to Tango and go round that way You're doing amazingly well Helena, nearly all done and dusted van-wise already. I'm getting all my nice walks in as well, because winter is due tomorrow I think, then I won't want to haul myself through mud every day. Hoping there isn't too much rain, then I can get them down to the river still, a couple of times a week on there and they are so chilled out after it, they sleep all afternoon. Lynn I am so worried about that poor dog, if she has just had puppies or is expecting them, to leave her like that is appalling and I hope the RSPCA come out to her, but I doubt it to be honest, maybe the Dog Warden would be a better place to start because at least you know they'll turn up!! Elaine poor OH, is he well and truly in the doghouse now, or will you be letting him out later. My geraniums somehow survived the winter, totally unexpected and I have planted them elsewhere for the summer, I don't really have anywhere to keep them like Moyra does, so they'll stay where they are, although the fleece stuff sounds interesting. Griff, glad to hear that the pup is still doing well, although not good she is wetting her bedding, may well be a bit stressed though after all thats happened. I feel so sorry for her, your parents are lovely cancelling their bit of winter sunshine for her sake, it would have been a lot for you to do without some help if she is keeping you awake most of the night though. Eileen, cannot believe Duncan nearly came home to you, maybe later, I live in hope he will be fine eventually and can imagine him lying in front of the fire at your OH's feet. Great news on the brace, or the removal of it, she'll be really please they're off won't she. Best of luck tracking Duncan down later on. Rhubarb crumble sounds amazing Mandy, save some for me, I expect Nippy will make some for afters on Sunday y'know, well I hope she will, she makes lovely dinners as we all know 4L shall I pick you up on the way down to Nippy's, I'm sure there'll be pie in it for you, as long as we don't have to pick up Helena and her shoes, there'll be room for your bags Moyra, could I take instruction from you on how to keep my geraniums alive over winter with the fleece stuff you mentioned
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »