Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 07:07 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Up in the dark this morning, but was awake early, must have slept well.

Jenny, I hope you enjoyed a night away from the kitchen sofa and that Rucksack left that tail alone whilst you slept peacefully in your bed

Dave home tonight, but having done 2 cluthces on 2 consequetive days this week I'm sure he'll end up in bed with a migraine, especially as I've booked us a meal out on Friday night - always happens.

Watched that Lucan drama last night, quite good I thought. I never realised all that happened with him, I thought he just disappeared, but now I know why

I think it's still dry down here, very cold and frosty again, but hopefully this means we'll get another glorious day of sunshine. Hope you don't have that fog again today, I can't understand why we haven't got it here, not even up on The Ridge which is always foggy when there's fog about, but yesterday, just blue skies and sunshine.

Hope everyone is ok today along with all the doglets, and enjoy your day, it'll soon be the week-end.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I had the best night sleep last night and I know I didn't move because I've got a brilliant hand print on my hair .... my hand not my OH's I did wake up at 6.15 but that's fine as I'd had a good sleep. Very foggy again but the weathermen are saying it should burn off by 10

I have just been catching up on last night's thread.
Tang It's just as well your overflow was working and oh boy were you lucky that the towel didn't cause a huge flood. Mandy Great news that your OH only has pulled muscles and it wasn't heart related ..... but bad news that he was cocky about it, he wouldn't have been if he'd had a bad diagnosis

Helena Poor Dave will need a good massage this evening after doing those clutches .... maybe you should book him in for one ... or just run him a hot bath
Have a good day.

I hope any poorly people or dogs are feeling better today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Jenny, LOL at running him a nice, hot bath cos we don't have one anymore, just a few pipes sticking up from the floor in the bathroom now, oh, and a bucket under his sink which is propped up with a large piece of wood

So glad you slept well last night, and good job you didn't smother yourself with that hand of yours Enjoy your lovely walk this morning, hope it's not too foggy to get out with them and enjoy a good old laugh with that friend of yours!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Helena and Jenny and all who follow.
Feeling pretty bad today I think I will have to cancel lunch with my friend tomorrow apart from the fact I won't feel like the 4 hour round trip if not feeling great I am sure she won't want my germs for Christmas or anyone else who will in the pub.
Gorden finishes on the 20th and doesn't return till around the 6th January so we can do it after Christmas and celebrate New Year instead.
We have worse fog than yesterday and it feels very very cold. Jenny they told us would burn off yesterday and it didn't so I am not holding my breath. I will have to think of games in the garden again today for Dillon I am not walking the roads here in that fog.
Off to catch up on last nights thread Dillon was sick and he was like me ready for bed by 8pm put the tele on turned it off by 8.30 and we were both went to sleep. Dillon is brighter than me this morning.

I hope Dave isn't unwell Helena and you get your meal out.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning all

Jenny, i honestly think he was scared underneath really, I think he's got the thinnest doctors folder ever. He hates going and used to say he'd rather not know, think since his dad died he's a tiny bit better...but he's still male ( sorry to men who not like that)
Taking a young lad to school this morning and then going with my mum in law to look at jr puppies, she thinking of having one for company I told her I of course need to go with her
Then when I get back take Rosie out, then Sainsbury work later
I will let you know how the puppy trip went ( not that I'm a tad excited or anything)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2013, 08:43 AM
That's a relief about OH Mandy.
Pat I hope you got your bath in the end or did you give up and will try again today.

Weirdest thing I feel loads better felt awful when I woke up but the cold seems to be shifting at the rate of knots now. Not that I'm complaining I might get out tomorrow after all.
I hope the fog goes as quick.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Everyone.
I hope Dave gets home on time and safe Helena. Dry sunny and warm here, I think we have only had 2 frosts this year.
Jenny, hope the fog clears soon and I'm glad you had such a good nights sleep.
Lynn, sorry you are feeling so rough, it's a horrible virus, I'm still coughing now. Hope that Dillon is better today too.
Mandy, please choose a JR puppy for me
Well we had quite a day yesterday. Hubby went back for the ECG and BP check. BP was sky high and ECG abnormal so had to go back later to see doc.
It would appear that because of his BP his heart has had to work harder and they think that the left side of his heart is now enlarged. They have changed all his medication and he has to go back after Christmas for another check.
I'm worried that these new pills will drop his BP too far, so I have told him to only walk Pepsi where there are people around, not through isolated woods, just in case.
As he said just as you are jogging along thinking that everything is hunky dory something else slaps you down
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning everybody,

Lyn, sorry to hear you are feeling rough I hope you feel better tomorrow for your trip out.

Jenny, glad you had a good night's sleep.

Helena, Poor Dave, not nice having to do two clutches one after the other. He must dread them coming in.

Nippy Jen, so sorry to hear about your hubby's health problems I hope the medication sorts him out.

Have a good day everyone, the fog is pea souper here and heavy frost on the ground too. Take care all. God bless.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I've done my shopping and my friend is due round in about 5 mins so just a quick pop in.

Helena with no bath it looks as though it'll be you giving him a full back and shoulder massage then I'm sure he'll enjoy it
Mandy You aren't alone. I think a lot of us have OHs who bury their head in the sand about any possible ailment. Oooooh enjoy the puppy viewing ... maybe you'll get a second dog too
Nippy so sorry to hear about your OH's problems . Hopefully his BP won't dip too far and the meds will help him. There is always something to worry about and its not much fun getting older is it
Lynn I was about to commiserate but then read you next post .... so pleased you are suddenly feeling a lot better. I hope it continues and you get to go out tomorrow. The sun is 'trying' to come out here so I have high hopes of a sunny day

See you all later.

Hi Moyra ... you snuck in.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Helena - I hope Dave isn't suffering when he gets home and you get to have your meal out.

Jenny - Yay, a good night's sleep. It makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Lynn - What a shame you have to cancel, but it's understandable, especially given the distance involved. I hope you feel better soon.

Mandy - Aw, a puppy - resist, resist!

Nippy - What a worry for you and your husband. I think your advice is sound, especially when starting a new medication. I hope he will be okay and the doctors can help get things stable.

What a disgusting morning. I'm sick of this fog and the windows are very wet inside. I opened them yesterday (brrr) but nothing changed with all the fog.

Still, we had a good walk over the fields. Loki was very well-behaved but his tummy is a bit dodgy at both ends, so he's feeling a little under par. He's eating well though, he's just quieter than usual.

I had to write Carys a note today to remind her to show her swimming certificate, hand in her Advent calendar and change her book. I was reminding her all morning but as soon as she saw her friend, it all disappeared from her head with all the giggles and hugs. I knew this would happen, hence the note.

I found a real fishmonger within 12 miles or so and I was thrilled at the thought of fresh mackerel. But they are out of season. The stuff in the supermarkets is frozen. After Christmas though, they should be getting them again so I will be a regular.

Have a super day everyone.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »