Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Sad- A Weighty Issue

I have just had the most horrible taxi ride in my life.

Its a shame, I had been having such a good day untill this happened.

I had been in town shopping with my mother and because Jess dosent like to be left alone for any lenth of time I took her to my mothers house and because my brother is inbetween jobs at the moment he agreed to look after her.
Everything was fine, Jess enjoyed spending time with my brother and my mothers little dog playing.
It was when we got the taxi home that made my day so awful.

When I rang the firm I specifically told them I would be fetching my dog ( I also told them she was a large breed) so I would need a driver who was fine about having a big dog in his car, the receptionist said that was fine 2 drivers were working who were ok with dogs. I had got a taxi with the same firm that morning, a lovely driver who positively fawned over Jess.

Sadly I didnt get the same driver, I knew he was going to be an a** from the minute he got out of the car and started going on about dog hairs and things, I told him Jess isnt exactly copiously moulting but he went on and on about it so I had to get my mother to get a throw from her house to put on the back seat.
I wasnt so bothered about this it was the drivers attitude in the car that really got me down.

First thing he said to me was ''your dogs skinny isnt it'' I replied saying she is well fed (which she most certainly is) and that the breed is lean, also that she is only 5months and is growing at the minute, she will get stockier when she grows up.
Next thing he started on and on about was about Jess being aggresive, which she isnt, saying ''what if she goes for a child, she would kill it, there has been alot of stuff on the news about vicious dogs biting people...'' I was gobsmacked, for one Jess isnt around children much and when she is she is supervised. He wouldnt give up he kept saying about where I walk her, do I let her off the leash as she could go and attack another dog, I will never know if she would turn on somebody and that I should never let her off the lead... this from a man who said to me he is a dog lover...

After I shut him up about that he started on about her weight again, it really upset me, he was saying ''do I feed her, she obviously is way too skinny...'' When I told him once again she is well fed and I would never give her an insufficient amount of food, she gets more food than she can eat, his responce was a snidy ''whatever you say''

He made me feel like crap, the first thing I did when I got home was sit down, cuddle Jess and cry my heart out.

I was so angry too, how could anyone think I mistreat my little girl?
I love her more than anything and she gets everythiing she needs and more.
It makes me so depressed to think that people judge me because she isnt overweight, the vet says she is a fine weight, she will get broader as she grows up, you cannot see Jess's ribs, her coat is in fabulous condition as are her teeth. She is bouncy, full of life and has a healthy, myschievious twinkle in her eyes...

I have had comments about her weight before, even my partners dad said she is skinny last week.
I dont know what to do about it, I cannot force my girl to eat when she isnt hungry just to shut these people up.

I honestly dont know if I can be made accountable for my actions if someone says something like this again, im so mad and so upset about it.

Sorry about the long post, I had to get this off my chest.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 05:32 PM
No wonder you are so upset ! ! !

I would have been raging with the man!

Don't listen to him, I have met a pair of NI's recently and they are both very lean dogs, and from what I know (which isn't alot I know) this is just the way the breed is.

Did you complain to the taxi office? I would ! He was well out of order making you feel like this, and the operators should certainly not be saying he is a 'dog lover' if that's what he's going to do to folk.

Hope you feel better soon hun, keep smiling, we all know you are a great doggie mum
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 05:38 PM
That taxi driver sounds a right idiot - if you get him again you should be very critical about his driving!

Don't let someone so narrow minded to ruin your day.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd complain to the taxi firm too. It's not as if you sprung it on them.
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I would complain too and suggest that they make sure he doesn't do another doggie drive as he obviously isn,t a dog lover and doesn,t know what he is talking about.
(((hugs))) I would be devastated if people said nasty things about Ollie.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 05:55 PM
that taxi driver sounds a right tw*t i can fully understand you being upset, i think i would have lost my temper with him
if your vet is happy with your dogs weight then you are doing nothing at all wrong you are correct in saying she will fill out as she gets older, most dogs go through the stage where they look gangly
i also think you should complain to the taxi company about his behaviour, not so much for what he said but as you made it plain you were bringing a dog in the cab then how on earth could he complain about hair???
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the messages guys. :smt058

I cant believe the guy said such nasty things then turned round and said he was a dog lover, he really shouldnt treat his customers, which are keeping him employed, like cr*ap.

One things for sure I wont be using that firm ever again, and im a regular user of Taxis so they have lost at least £20 a week.
The one bad thing is I cannot remember the guys driving name or car number... but im sure they will know who im talking about.
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2007, 06:38 PM
I would complain too, how dare he go on at you like that! What a total **** bleep bleeping bleeper *** grrrr!

Don't worry hun, my boy is lean too and I have had the same kind of 'he's a bit thin isn't he?' kind of comments, but the vet said he isn't underweight, he is lean but not skinny, and that as he is only 7 months now its perfectly normal and he will fill out as he matures.

Jess is beautiful and you clearly love her loads, what does a bloomin taxi driver know about your dog, not a damn thing! Sod him, enjoy your dog and ignore narrow minded insignificant wastes of skin like this poor excuse for a man
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Sounds like an idiot.. I'd have told him to belt up and just drive... then I'd have reported him to his office. And if he still yacked away I'd probably have not paid him.....

Obviously knows nothing about what he's talking about so don't be upset.. just laff off his obvious ignorance
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I sometimes get that too. I wouldn't worry if it happens again just tell them shes not 'too thin' its just that most dogs are 'too fat' & it just goes to show how much they know.

Don't let it upset you sweetie.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >