Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Update on Home and Leon

Not sure if this is in the right section...

I've been offline for a couple of weeks whilst trying to sort out an alternative house after we were let down by the seller of the beautiful one we were after, and thought I would just put you in the picture on the house move and Leon, who is still struggling with his health almost 5 weeks after his emergency treatment.

I'm not putting any photos up or links to the house just yet..I learned my lesson the hard way about that , just to say that we are in the process of purchasing another, this time in Buckinghamshire, a 4 bed detached with a double garage for Clive to work out of, in a very silubrious (Sp?) area, much bigger than the one we were going for and an absolute bargain as the owners have retired to France, they had sold it but the buyer lost their buyer and we had it offered to us at £30k less than the asking price We still had to stretch ourselves to our maximum borrowing and are paying £30k more than the first one, but it will be worth a lot more than the other one could have ever attained once the credit crunch is over. That said, we are hoping it will be our forever home until we eventually retire to the seaside, it certainly has enough scope for us to develop if we want to, plus Leon will have his own room with a sofa and tv, a utility room, a hallway and large porch plus his own garden! His daddy is also going to let him have the run of the garages when he is in there working and they lead out to the second garden so he will be able to potter about to his hearts content. Clive is looking for a big sofa for his room as he declared last night that he wants to be able to sit on it with him and have cuddles too...as I was telling Claire, these setters have a way of melting the hardest of hearts

Speaking of Leon, my god I have cried buckets over him, I thought I was going to lose him on more than one occasion. He has had so many tests done and nothing seems to be conclusive. He has turned the corner since the weekend, (again don't want to say too much and jeapordise things), but he is now on steroids for his joints so is eating much better and has put a bit of weight back on, and is very bouncy when out on his walks, although he is still a bit grizzly when trying to get comfortable when laying down. The culture didn't have anything growing on it, although they could confirm there were no parasites or worms present. The latest blood tests were taken on Monday and the vet rang me last night to say that his pancreas and other organs were fine but there was an extremely high level of something (sorry can't remember what he said but it ended in lites ) which would suggest he has a high level of bacteria in his gut. This would match with his symptoms as, every time he had an ab injection he would be ok'ish for a few days and then go downhill again.

He is now on a course of ab's for 3 weeks to try to get this bacteria under control, he is still on his prescription diet with fish or chicken added to it and he has another week of the steroids. the vet has told me I can now introduce some green lipped mussel etc to his diet to help with his joints as we have been very wary of feeding him anything that could alter his tummy again.

I was so excited at lunchtime when he had his walk...he did a solid poo for the first time in over a month, (sorry for being so graphic), may seem a bit over the top but he's just been passing a sort of mustard substance and just been in so much discomfort whilst trying to pass anything.

I'll keep you all updated on things, just going to catch up with all that I've missed over the last couple of weeks xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
That all sounds great news Sheree...fingers crossed that both the house and Leon continue heading in the right direction
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I am so pleased that things are starting to look more positive, fingers crossed it all continues and you get a beautiful house and a happy boy xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That all sounds great news Sheree...fingers crossed that both the house and Leon continue heading in the right direction
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I am so pleased that things are starting to look more positive, fingers crossed it all continues and you get a beautiful house and a happy boy xx
Thanks so much ladies xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the update Sheree, I'm so pleaased that Leon is feeling better I hope he continues to improve after the AB's are finished.

Good luck with the house, sounds like you've got a bargain even if it was a bit over your budget. So even little Leon will have his own room !! will you have to get a walkie talkie to communicate with each other (Clive & you I mean not you & Leon )
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Aw glad Leon is getting better thats good news. And if you end up in Bucks you will not be far from me!!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks for the update Sheree, I'm so pleaased that Leon is feeling better I hope he continues to improve after the AB's are finished.

Good luck with the house, sounds like you've got a bargain even if it was a bit over your budget. So even little Leon will have his own room !! will you have to get a walkie talkie to communicate with each other (Clive & you I mean not you & Leon )
Thanks Harvey Its so good to see Leon with a bit of spirit again..he really has been through the mill, poor little chap.

Funny you should mention walkie talkies..the house is on split levels, the ground floor has Leons room and all his other little places, then you go up six steps to the kitchen, dining room and lounge but if you turn immediately from the stairs you go up another six steps to the bedrooms...sounds weird but you have to see it to get the picture.

Anyway, I said to Clive that I was a bit concerned that although our room is above Leons, and he will be able to wander through to the hallway to the bottom of the stairs if he wants to, because he's been so poorly lately I want to be able to hear him overnight...just incase, so could we get some walkie talkies or similar.

Clive has said that he will buy a baby monitor once we have exchanged contracts so that I will be able to hear him and relax a bit. The trouble is, Clive said he won't just have to put up with my snoring...he'll be able to hear Leon snoring away too
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Aw glad Leon is getting better thats good news. And if you end up in Bucks you will not be far from me!!!!
Thanks so much...yes we will be in MK so not too far away at all
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
nice to hear from you

hope you get the house and its ok for you

and i hope leon keeps improving

xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female